what if my driver's license is expired at time of closing?

Asked by vdeno, Indianapolis, IN Tue Jun 25, 2013

Answers

6
Teale Rhodes, Agent, INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Tue Jun 25, 2013
IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU, I WOULD ESCORT MY CLIENTS TO THE NEAREST LICENSE BRANCH TO QUICKLY SECURE ANOTHER STATE PICTURE ID; HOWEVER, WELL IN ADVANCE, PRIOR TO CLOSING, I ALWAYS LOOK AT THE CLIENT'S D/L, VALID PICTURE ID, EXPIRATION DATES TO ENSURE WE NEVER ENCOUNTER THIS PROBLEM AT TIME OF CLOSING. THE MAJORITY OF MY CLIENTS ARE FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES. I ALWAYS CHECK THEIR PICTURE ID, PASSPORT, OR GREEN CARDS FROM THEIR NATIVE COUNTRY AND FORWARD SUCH TO THE TITLE COMPANY CLOSING LOCATION FOR ITS ATTORNEY'S REVIEW AND DISPOSITION.

Teale Rhodes MBA
COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL BROKER
REO AND NON REO
Foreclosure and Short Sale Specialist
Corredor Comercial y Residencial
SU AGENTE DE BIENES Y RAICES
NBMBAA, NAREB, CSSS, ADPE, CDPE, ADPR
Carpenter Realtors
8722 NORTH MERIDIAN ST
Indianapolis, IN 46260
317-443-4017
EMAIL: sigmagammarhodes@yahoo.com
http://WWW.TEALERHODES.CALLCARPENTER.COM

**************************
“A Disciplined Mind and a Cultivated Heart Are Elements of Power. Caleb Mills

"Don’t settle for average. Bring your best to the moment. Then, whether it fails or succeeds, at least you know you gave all you had. We need to live the best that’s in us."
Angela Bassett
SHALOM!
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
vdeno,
You don't have to have a drivers license to close ( what about people who don't drive?) you need a valid photo ID. If you are concerned talk to your attorney, agent or closing escrow company prior to going to closing to determine if you have what is neeed.
, ,
Tue Jun 25, 2013
a VALID photo ID is required to close. This is required by the Patriot Act. So you better make sure you have this taken care of for closing.
Susan Schomb…, , Indianapolis, IN
Tue Jun 25, 2013
You will not be able to close with the title company without a valid drivers license or passport. You are required to have a valid government issued ID.
Peter Knight, Agent, Fishers, IN
Tue Jun 25, 2013
That's a problem! Unless you have another photo ID such as a valid passport. It really depends on the closer, but most won't accept an expired ID.

Peter Knight
RE/MAX Ability Plus
(317) 529-4178
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Jun 25, 2013
I would suggest asking either you lender or closing attorney, prior to the closing. You may be required to have either an current license or it may be that you could use something like a current passport if you have one.