what happens if one of the sellers does not show at closing - in new jersey? The papers were to be signed at closing. Sorry I didn;t make that clear t

Asked by tlforbes, Manahawkin, NJ Mon Mar 18, 2013

Answers

4
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Mail away closings are very common today but they need to be planned for in advance. In the case when a named owner just doesn't show for the assigned closing and hasn't signed earlier.....simply stated, you just won't close!
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Talk to your attorney, I had sales that were closed through the mail.
Lisa D Arnold, , Forked River, NJ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Was your attorney given a reason why one party didn't show?
Closing hasn't happened yet. The possibility of a no show is real, however.
Flag Mon Mar 18, 2013
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
I suspect that there may not be a closing if it's simply a "no show." If someone is simply not available at a prescribed time, there are work arounds. My information should not be construed as advice and no decisions should be based upon these statements. I do not have enough information. In most situations, both parties will need to sign the paperwork in order to close and transfer title. A seller can and will sometimes meet their attorney before the actual closing and not attend. Sometimes a person who holds a POA that will allow them to sign for another party. That is subject to the verification and acceptance of any POA documentation. In general, all parties do usually sign, but they don't always meet together at the same table in order to put ink on paper. Your attorney, title company, and REALTOR will advise you based upon your situation.