what does the electric bill usually cost in the summer?

Asked by ppschroeder, Laughlin, NV Fri Apr 5, 2013

Answers

2
Gene, Both Buyer And Seller, Bullhead City, AZ
Sat Jun 8, 2013
We live across the river in Bullhead City from Oct to May. Our electric bill is in the $180 - $200 range every month. It would be substantially higher in the summer when AC usage is high. If it were just me, I could get by in the $100 - $120 range but my wife keeps the heat on because of her Reynaud's illness which keeps her extremely cold even in warm weather. We have all electric appliances, hot water tank and furnace. We do not have gas service. Hope this helps.
Robert Austin, Home Buyer, Laughlin, NV
Fri May 24, 2013
I was looking to purchase a vacation home in the laughlin area last year and asked my realtor the same question. He said with a 2000 square foot home you were looking around $350 a month during the hot summer months. This relator lived in the Laughlin area during this time so I would think he would have an idea on the power costs during the summer. However, I would be nice to hear from someone who currently lives in the area. I live in Comifornia so I'm not sure if this is an accurate number or not. I guess, depending on your thermostate settings and the size of your home would also make a difference.
I assure you, electricity in NV is probably double what it is in Arizona!
Flag Tue Sep 2, 2014
PS: they don't like Californians around those parts. Get you plates changed and the stupid red necks might not bother you. But they all seem to know each other. Mind you, there are plenty of nice people in BHC, but a lot of trailer parks. I'm moving to Laughlin soon, but I will always carry a concealed weapon, and a stun gun as well...just in case. I had a run in with a red neck who could have snapped my neck, just because I asked him nicely to turn his truck off, because the fumes were coming into my car as I was waiting outside a store with my car window open. Of course that was quite a while back, but I'm sure, that's where outlaw red necks go to die !!!
Flag Thu Nov 28, 2013
I lived in Bullhead city, across the bridge from Laughlin, about thirteen years ago, when it got up to 130 degrees in the shade in July. The summer months costs us about $600.00 a month for the air conditioning, keeping it at 70 degrees. We lived in a brand new two story condo with two Trane units doing the air conditioning. The unit was about 1200 square feet. It was high then; I can't imagine what it would cost now ! If you plan to live there, buy a house that has a south facing roof and cover every inch with solar panels, and you might survive the heat as well as the bill.
Opening the door to the condo, was like walking into a brick oven...you couldn't breathe. Needles to say, if you like to walk or jog, you better get up at four in the am ! Otherwise, the red necks can be a pain; carry a gun or an electric stun gun . The drug scene in BHC is out of control and the police don't seem to do to much about it, or robbery and break-ins. Laughlin has a lower crime rate.
Flag Thu Nov 28, 2013