what areas in laguna beach or Cornona Del Mar have private access to beaches or public underground access so kids don't have to cross PCH?

Asked by Elaine, Dana Point, CA Tue Oct 18, 2011

Answers

12
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sun Oct 30, 2011
A great bunch of answers from a group of very experienced and well informed RE professionals. That's what this forum is all about.
Karen Parsons…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Hi Elaine,

Ah...what a great question, makes me want to sit on the beach. I grew up in Emerald Bay and have spent most of my life enjoying our coastline. It was great to be able to walk to the beach and not worry about traffic.

You have gotten some great answers...nothing to disagree with. Pricy options, though. You might also consider buying on the ocean side of PCH, so at least they can just wander down the public access points.

What a great lifestyle this all is. If I can help...let me know. Nothing better than a client looking on the beach. :)

Karen
Sharon Paxson, Agent, Del Mar, CA
Fri Oct 21, 2011
You have some good answers here. In Laguna Beach, Emerald Bay is amazing, beautiful beach, tennis courts, movie night at the Firehouse during the summer - a great community. In Corona del Mar, there is Cameo Shores, Cameo Highlands, Shorecliffs, and Corona Highlands with private beaches.

Hope this helps!
Tri Doan, Agent, IRvine, CA
Wed Oct 19, 2011
Crystal Cove and Emerald Bay are both guard gated communities with direct access to beaches. Emerald bay has its own private community beach with lockers on the beach for each residence.

Tri Doan
Broker
714-272-8356
Susan Kist, , Tustin, CA
Wed Oct 19, 2011
Lots of answers I see!! I am a Realtor in Laguna Beach as well, have been to many beaches mentioned and taken my kids there as well! I figured I would mention another. Totuava is a private beach and certain homes have direct access. We have a lease listing there right now that I just showed as a matter of fact. Beautiful there.

I certainly would be happy to assist you as well. 714.292.9873. Have a terrific day!
Brian Jones, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Wed Oct 19, 2011
Hi Elaine, in Laguna Beach I would recommend looking at homes in the gated communities of 3 Arch Bay in the south end of town and Emerald Bay in the north end of town. Both are very family friendly and have easy access to the beach. There are several 4 and 5 bedroom listings that you may be interested in.

Please feel free to give me a call at 949.422.1636 or send me an email at brianjones@firstteam.com and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Rudi Hofmann, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, El Segundo, CA
Wed Oct 19, 2011
Elaine, anywhere on the ocean side of PCH will provide easy access to beaches in Laguna Beach or CDM without the need for a private gated community. In fact, one of the most wealthy individuals in OC lives on Ocean Blvd. in CDM. CDM is a great community where you can walk to shops, fine restaurants and live entertainment. You also don't have the traffic congestion like most beach cities.

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference:  http://www.umboc.com
Cynthia Flem…, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Tue Oct 18, 2011
In addition to the areas mentioned below, in Laguna, there's also Three Arch Bay which is a gated community, Lagunita, the condominiums at Blue Lagoon, also residential areas on the oceanside of PCH such as Victoria Beach, the Woods Cove area, etc. There are also many homes with direct beach access but these are pricey. In order to find you what you are looking for, I would need to know your price range and the size of home you would like. You can email me directly at: cfleming@coldwellbanker.com.
Michael Bente, Agent, san clemente, CA
Tue Oct 18, 2011
Hi The Crystal Cove communtiy is gorgeous. It has two sides, one on the beach side and one that goes under the bridge to the other side of PCH. The kids have easy and safe access to the beach and never have to go across PCH. If you have any other questions or converns feel free to contact me anytime. I work in the Coastal areas.

Cheers
Mikey Bente
714 393 6486
mikeybentehomes@gmail.com
Zachary Evan…, , Irvine, CA
Tue Oct 18, 2011
Hi Elaine,

There are several communities in both cities that have access to private beaches such as Emerald Bay and Irvine Cove in Laguna Beach and ShoreCliffs and Cameo Shores, Cameo Highlands, and Corona Highlands in Corona del Mar.

Crystal Cove has underground access which can be used to get directly to the beach.

If you want to e-mail me directly I am happy to answer any questions you have any send you properties that match up with what you are looking for.

Have a good evening.

Zach Evanish
Zachary.Evanish@EngelVoelkers.com
949-887-0246
Charles Roe, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Sun Jan 22, 2012
Yes there are some great answers here... but there may be a more technical one.

Most California beaches are technically public.

How is this determined??
Simply the same way that every other piece of land in the state is determined... who holds the title to the land (or sand) you are standing on?

In Laguna Beach, both Emerald Bay and Three Arch Bay have beautiful secluded beaches that reside within bays that are only accessible through steps within the gated communities and by boat.

Are they actually private?
Well in a practical sense they are... but legally I have never looked into this.
They may actually be owned by a government entity.

There is another community about four miles south of Three Arch Bay in Capistrano Beach called... Beach Road. Although the beach here is not framed within a bay and easily accessible, I actually think that the owners of the ocean front homes and lots in this neighborhood own the land to the tide line and therefore actually own the beach in front of their homes.

Now I am curious..??

Does anyone know more concerning these issues?

Charles Roe
949-370-1311
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Wed Oct 19, 2011
Depending on how deep your pockets are I haven't seen anyone offer up "China Cove" yet. It is by far one of the most exclusive and intimate enclaves on the California Coastline. It is occupied by some of the most prestiegeous names in America. Your neighbors could range from Mrs. Don Calandar (Marie Calandar restaraunt chain to Bill Gross, CEO of Pimco, some celeberties I won't name and many other very prominant folks.

My wife's family has owned a luxurious home there for over 35 years and we love the convenience of being able to launch our windsurfers, SUP's and kayaks on the beautiful beach of "Little Corona" less than 50 feet from the doorstep.

You can also walk down the private road to the stairs that will lead you to the beautiful sands and shoreline of "Big Corona" and never have to worry about crossing any busy streets as this private roadway is a dead end and only traveled on by homeowners, guests and occassional lookielous.

Although I'm a San Diego based RE broker we spend a great deal of time in China Cove and know it well. Homes don't often come up there and when they do they tend to sell quite quickly. Many of these properties have been passed down generations and are vacation or alternate homes for several residents.

I can tell you that having lived for almost 20 years all around the Newport Beach, CDM and LB area, China Cove is the most charming beachfront community on the beach. If you want privacy, value, excusivity and prestiege you won't be sorry investing here. I would be happy to keep my eyes open for any homes that might become available. Feel free to contact me anytime at 760 815-6977 or visit our website below