what are the typical property taxes, utilities, HOA for a $450,000 home in Pinehurst Village?

Asked by Tazberry, Oro Valley, AZ Sun Nov 1, 2009

Answers

6
Bob Barmore, Agent, Southern Pines, NC
Sat Sep 27, 2014
If you are considering moving to Pinehurst, you will find the property taxes to be a very low versus most other areas of the country. Property tax rates tend to be hundreds of dollars a month, not thousands as you will find "up north".

Moore County General Property Tax per $1,000
0.455 Plus .02 for 911 service Plus .28 for Village of Pinehurst Plus .084 for fire district

Thus taxes are .830 per thousand of assessed value. This would be about $315 per month for a $450,000 home!!

Utilities are too specific to life style choices and other variable to estimate. Keep in mind we tend to spend more on cooling than for heating our homes.

HOA is unique to each "community" within PInehurst. First of all, you will only find HOA fees in gated communities or condo/townhome developments. Much of Pinehurst residents pay no HOA fees. HOA fees, where applicable, often cover the maintenance roads and the gate of the gated community. A good general amount for a basic HOA is roughly $100 monthly.
Leilani Medl…, Agent, Southern Pines, NC
Sun Mar 30, 2014
There are no HOA for homes in Pinehurst Village at this time. Utility rates vary depending on the residents living in the home, the age of the home, and several other factors so it is hard to determine what utility rates would be for any particular home/resident. Property tax rates, at this time, are $.28 per every $100 of value.
Nancy Olsen, , Pinehurst, NC
Sun Nov 1, 2009
Hi Tazberry,
Two more homes located directly in Old Town Pinehurst can be viewed at my website by using QuickSearch #133007 ($449,000) and #131047 ($469,000). The previous home #134831 is located in Pinehurst but not in Old Town/Village.
Thanks again.
Nancy Olsen
Web Reference:  http://www.nancyolsenkw.com
Janet Dustin, , Pinehurst, NC
Sun Nov 1, 2009
Tazberry,

Thank you so much for your inquiry into property taxes, utilities, and HOA for a home within the Village of Pinehurst limits. Given the price point you are suggesting, I can tell you that the combined city and county taxes would be approximately $3,075 (per the 2009 rate). With regard to utilities, that is a bit more difficult to determine because each home is unique, i.e.: age of home, square footage, personal usage... Typically you are not going to have HOA fees unless you are looking at a development with an association. Most homes in the Village are single family homes. That being said, many of the homes carry a club membership and I would be happy to provide you with more information on that should you be interested. Please take a minute to check my website: MyPinehurstBroker.com or simply give me a call and we can discuss your real estate needs. I look forward to talking with you. Best regards, Janet Dustin
Nancy Olsen, , Pinehurst, NC
Sun Nov 1, 2009
Hi Tazberry,
I did not realize my website address was not published previously. My website address is http://www.nancyolsenkw.com Once there, click on the Property Search tab then click on Search For A Property In Your Area and in the QuickSearch box type the number 134831 which will enable you to view the property I mentioned earlier. Also, you will be able to search other properties currently listed for sale. Please contact me with any further questions.
Nancy Olsen
Nancy Olsen, , Pinehurst, NC
Sun Nov 1, 2009
Tax laws and rates are constantly changing and to quote utilities would be difficult depending on the occupants of the home. Homeowner's Association dues vary as well, depending on the location of the home. I can send you information on some homes currently on the market to match your criteria above. Contact me at 910-695-5148 or email at nancyolsen@kw.com. Thank you. Nancy Olsen, Broker, Keller Williams Realty, Pinehurst/Southern Pines, NC