what are the procedures for buying home in Austin Texas from Nigeria?

Asked by David Humphrey, Outside U.S. Tue Jan 10, 2012

Buying home in Austin Texas

Answers

6
Thomas Hess, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Jan 10, 2012
I highly agree with Nancy's response. Unless the funds to close are already in the US I will caution any seller to be weary. There are far too many executed contracts that fail to close waiting on funds to arrive from foreign countries.....expecially Nigeria, Pakistan, and India. I do work with lenders that will do loans to help you but the process can take time......so you need to get started now to be able to purchase in several months. I'd be more than happy to help.

Tom Hess
Real Estate Broker
Certified ECO Broker
Cell: (512) 567-8522
Charles Runn…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Jan 10, 2012
I agree with Bruce's answer. Coming from a Banking background, though, I would recommend that you be able to provide proof of funds with a local bank if not pursuing finance.
tim sweeney, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Jan 10, 2012
I specialize in Nigerian Buyers. Please give me a call!
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Are you going to come back first or try to buy from abroad?

1. Get connected with a local realtor(we can help you do that.)
2. Get prequalified unless you are a cash buyer, then provide proof of funds.
3. Find a house, contract on it.
4. Set appointment with embassy for closing and notary services.
5. Close

Let us know what we can do to help you. We've done it before from Nigeria.
Heather Glen…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Jan 10, 2012
connect with a bank here in Austin/lender would be the first step. Please feel free to contact me for some lender referrals. All the best.
Heather Glencross, Realtor
512-789-7010
Albert Elhage, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Jan 10, 2012
David,

If you are a US Citizen. The process is simple.
If you are not, we can get you in touch with a loan officer that can help you with the requriments
you need to meet.

Find a realtor you click with and start the process.

If you are interested in my services I would love to help.

Albert Elhage
Broker/Associate
http://www.Albertelhage.com
aelhage@austin.rr.com
JB GOODWIN REALTORS®

(512)971-1773 (Mobile)
(512)327-7449 (Fax)

My name is Albert Elhage, I am a broker/associate at JB Goodwin Realtors® in the Austin Area. I have called Austin HOME for more than 25 years. Living and raising a family in this city is a joy for both my wife and me. Whether you seek an urban, hill country, or lake setting, Austin appeals to a variety of homeowners. For newcomers to the area or those who already call Austin their home and want to make a change, I am happy to show you around and help you decide which neighborhoods best fit your needs. Being a University of Texas at Austin and Texas State University graduate, with a background in geography and environmental planning, I have a genuine appreciation of Austin’s diverse landscape and having lived in different areas of Austin, I am familiar with the unique venues the capital city has to offer.

Those I represent, gain from my experience as an Austin Realtor®, whose foremost priority is to HELP YOU buy or sell your home for the best price possible, as quickly as possible. Buying a home is one of the largest and most influential investments we make and customized attention to find that special place is what I offer my clients. Whether you are ready to sell or purchase a home, I welcome the opportunity to represent you. Upon request, I’m happy to provide valuable market information to keep you up to date with the Austin housing market, so that when you are ready to buy or sell, you are well informed, know what to expect, and as a result will have an enjoyable and exciting experience.