what are the most desireable parts of Dallas to live in, assuming property can be purchased there for less than $3million.?

Asked by jamesdaues, Dallas, TX Tue Apr 2, 2013

Answers

12
T.E. & Naima Sumner’s answer
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Lifestyle is an essential element to this question. There are homes in White Rock and other places that will break your $3M maximum, but it truly does depend on what you're envisioning for your lifestyle. If it's a gated estate that you commute from to downtown, that's a different answer from a highrise in Turtle Creek.

If you can describe your preferred situation (close to what, urban vs suburban, etc), we can probably guide you to the areas that make sense.
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Apr 8, 2013
I would probably say Highland Park, University Park, Bluffview, Preston Hollow. Southlake....but then again it depends on a lot of other factors too....maybe lifestyle, travel, schools, trees, style, age, etc.

Check out this link for some ideas:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/34917/m…
Anne Bokalo, Agent, CANTON, TX
Wed Apr 3, 2013
with your budget is where ever you want to. My suggestion would be to drive around the areas which were mentioned to you and see which ones appeal to you. You'll like a certain area(s) where you'd feel at home and you can then go from there. Then contact me.
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Pick any 1 Realtor and have them assist you in whatever you buy or spend.
Liz Renfro, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Apr 3, 2013
You have received many responses. You don't have to spend $3 million to get a wonderful home. There are also wonderful homes in the East Dallas area, White Rock, Lakewood, many areas! I am a life long native of the area, so please feel free to give me a call to discuss further details.

Liz Renfro
William Davis Realty
214-924-9676
Monica Pineda, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
The others have already provided quite a bit of helpful information, but I have a few things to add. The market is bouncing back beautifully in Dallas, but unless you just want to spend $3 million, you really don't need to. There are wonderful homes on large lots with tons of amenities, neat bonus rooms, luxurious bathrooms and spacious bedrooms for half that. I live in the Preston Hollow area and I know of several properties that are on the market now that would sit you in the lap of luxury for less than $2 million. Uptown, Downtown, Highland Park, all of the higher end neighborhoods have gems to find at surprising prices. If you haven't found a Realtor to work with yet feel free to contact me and I will be happy to show you what I mean. Good Luck!

Monica Pineda - REALTOR®
VIP Realty | Real Estate Consultants
The Premier Firm in Real Estate
Direct: (469) 348-4113
monica@viprealtyinfo.com
andrea pittm…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Preston Hollow is very prestigious and offers ample lot size....Highland Park is a beautiful neighborhood offering the best school district. Uptown offers hi-rises such as the W and The Ritz along with other hi end buildings with top notch amenities. I am very familiar with all neighborhoods if you would like me to email you options to view.

Andrea Pittman
Andrea Brooks, Agent, Plano, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
It will depend on the price range you're looking in. There are so many factors that impact desireability - it's best to talk with an agent who's familiar with the areas that interest you and work forward from there. Feel free to call if you'd like to discuss further - I'd be happy to help.

Andrea Brooks
469-450-1326
http://www.topagent.co
Susan Hanson, Agent, Plano, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
HI James,
"Desirable" is a very subjective term--some find location near work for shorter commute as the most desirable feature, others may be willing to live further away to have more land, certain amenities or to be near preferred shopping, restaurants, etc. Would love to help you explore the possibilities as it specifically relates to your preferences. I can set up custom searches for you so you can see the wide variety of homes our metroplex has to offer. Call or email anytime!
Susan Hanson
Your Home Is Where My Heart Is!
972-489-0228
Warren Barre…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Depends on what you are needing, Single Family home, Condo, Townhouse etc. Lots of options. Highland / University Park, Victory Park, Uptown, Downtown. Lake Highlands, Lakewood, Oaklawn are all great areas.

Our website has a lot of info and you can search for rea-ltime properties as needed. http://www.dallasluxuyrealty.com Place in the notes that you are working with me!

best regards

Warren Barreto
Dallas Luxury Realty
972-439-5419
Beau Beasley, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
The Park Cities, Lakewood, and Preston Hollow for single family residences, and many downtown highrises for condos.

Beau Beasley
Coldwell Banker
beau@beaubeasleyhomes.com
Cell# 214 966-2100
Elizabeth Mo…, Agent, McKinney Tx, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Depends on what you are looking for in a home. Highland Park, University Park & Prestonwood neighborhoods are established, desirable neighborhoods. I would be happy to help if you are not already working with another Realtor! You can click on my photo for my contact info & to check out my profile.