Murali, Home Buyer in Piscataway, NJ

what are the commuting options from East Brunswick to Downtown New York & Jersey city? thanks

Asked by Murali, Piscataway, NJ Tue Jun 2, 2009

what are the commuting options from East Brunswick to Downtown New York & Jersey city?

thanks

Answers

4
Murali -

Have you found a home yet?

I know the area very well and used to do the commute into NYC.. Great commute very comfortable and fast.

Let me know if you need a fresh eye in the market to help!

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Office; 732-863-6969

JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Thank you very much guyz. Yes, I just started looking.
Primatanya’s answer above answers your question well if you will be living in East Brunswick or South River. If you live in Sayreville or Old Bridge there is the Old Bridge Park and ride on Route 9 which has bus service to Midtown, Downtown and Jersey City via NJT Bus as well as the Academy Bus Co. Academy also has a special Sayreville Bus that goes downtown, NY that is walking distance from many areas in Sayreville. I took that bus myself for 5 years and am familiar with Sayreville as well as the surrounding area of South River, East Brunswick, etc.

-Steve Seuling, Orange Key Realty, 848-391-1393
East Brunswick has two bus stations (Tower Center & Transportation Center) along route 18 that have buses that run every 10-15 mins to Port Authority & Downtown NY (Battery Park area). NJ Transit also has buses that pick up passengers along route 18 to NY & Jersey City/Hoboken area. You can also drive to New Brunswick/Jersey Avenue stations and take the express trains into Newark - which will be about a 15-20 min ride with traffic (10 mins without traffic) - and catch the Path train to Jersey City or downtown NY. I used to do the commute into downtown NY and Jersey city via train- it would take me an hour (including driving to station from home & back)...the bus would take 40 mins into NY & Jersey City. Are you currently looking to buy property in East Brunswick?