what are the best places in san antonio to live?

Asked by Carlos, Alexandria, VA Sat Mar 1, 2008

Answers

6
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Generally, most areas on the north side of town are considered best. Those who live there would likely say that The Dominion is the best place to live, but others might not think so. Best is too subjective a concept, and I would need to know much more about your needs, wants and expectations to answer your question.
Holly Gottsc…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu May 22, 2008
That's a great question and there are many great spots and of course all depends on what you are looking for. My favorites for mature trees and larger lots that are close to everything on the North side would have to be Hollywood Park, Shavano Park and many neighborhoods just inside 1604 around 281.
The Northwest side is booming with lot's of new builts and great shopping and restaurants. Also great neighborhoods popping up on the South side to go along with the prosper of the Toyota plant. Really there is lot's to choose from and not a bad idea to let a Realtor listen to what you want and need to be near.
Raul Perez, , San Antonio, TX
Wed May 14, 2008
It's been a strong opinion of past clients over and over that the Northcentral area between I10 and Military hwy inside 1604 is a great place to live.
Kelly Garri…, , San Antonio, TX
Wed Apr 23, 2008
If your looking to buy and sell within a shorter period of time and want to get the most equity out of your home, I would go with anywhere outside North Loop 1604. San Antonio is expanding so much on the north side. We are moving closer and closer to becoming one large metroplex with Austin. If you are looking to buy a house I would say Northside San Antonio, outside Loop 1604, Bulverde area, Boerne, and even New Braunfels would be a great investment! Usually people tend to gravitate towards the new and upcoming areas of town like I had mentioned, the only problem is the traffic and construction. But that won't last forever..
Jennifer Wil…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Apr 4, 2008
Of course we are all being a little careful in answering this question so that we don't "steer" you to a certain part of town. You can visit http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/go/TX to look at the schools which will often give you a great picture of the area around the school. It will even break it down to test scores, demographics and parent opinions of the schools. Some people prefer planned communities with parks and playgrounds, others want a gated subdivision, other people want a large lot that feels like they are living in the country. I live in the Stone Oak area which I love because I feel like I don't ever have to leave to eat, work, play etc but others would hate this part of town because of the traffic. It's all relative. :) Let me know if I can help or if you have any other questions.
Web Reference:  http://www.txdreamhouse.com
Danny T Thom…, , Austin, TX
Tue Apr 1, 2008
Jim said it well... all I can add is that there are many sources on the internet to narrow your scope and gather info about particular areas, schools, crime, micro-economy, distances from jobs, malls, churches, etc. Feel free to visit my site, or use a search engine for specific details.
Web Reference:  http://moving2sanantonio.com