what are the best neighborhoods in Miami? what are the worst (for crime etc. ) I'm considering buying a small place to rent out as an investment

Asked by Shell, Miami, FL Tue Jan 26, 2010

Answers

7
Carlos Tiffer, , Miami, FL
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Call a Real Expert. Carlos Tiffer 786-316-3163
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Do some of your own homework first--visit a neighborhood several times and at different times of day to get a sense of “belonging”. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached. For crime concerns, why not visit the local police department and ask all your questions.
Dominick Mar…, Agent, MIAMI, FL
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Hello Shell,
I think you have asked an excellent question when considering in making an investment on a property. I'm curious to know if you currently live in Miami? Miami is a pretty large city . There is crime everywhere. Now I can give you my opinion where I would buy or want one of my kids to buy a property . Most important question I think is what's your purchase price limit? Will you possibly consider in moving into the property in a couple years?? Feel free to contact me

Dominick Martinez
dmartinez@prontorealty.net
#305-283-4020
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Shell:

There are MANy great neighborhoods in the Miami area. South Beach, Bal Harbour, Golden Beach, Aventura, and the list goes on and on.... There are plenty of "not so great" areas in and around Miami as well.

This link will let you search all property types in Miami and the South East Regional MLS. http://waterwayrealty.sef.mlxchange.com

The link below will let you see the crime stats for Miami and more.
Beth Jenkins, Agent, Miami Lakes, FL
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Hi SHell,
Again, we cannot tell you "bad" neighborhoods, but I can certainly tell you where peoople who visit or move like to rent, and that is near the water or beaches. In general, the Gables, Grove and inland areas are more family oriented, and where peole gravitate to buy homes and raise families.
If you are looking to buy a "little place" such as a small condo, the beach areas are where the rental market is very active and the rental rates are highest per square foot.

If I can assist you with your purchase feel free to contact me direclty, and for a great source go to my companies web-site below, it is linked directly to the multiple lisitng service so that you can check the prices of condos in various locations.

Beth Jenkins
South Floridda Brokers
786-374-4778
Web Reference:  http://www.arealtyteam.com
RN, , Miami, FL
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Hello Shell,
Patrick is correct. The Fair Housing Act prohibits us from telling you what neighbhorhoods are "Safe", etc. Crime stats are readily available online from many sources.
HOWEVER, I can tell you what neighborhoods I consider great places to live and invest in-- Pinecrest, Palmetto Bay, South Miami, and Coral Gables are my first choices.
Call me and I'll fill you in on more details.
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Tue Jan 26, 2010
That is a question Realtors are not allowed to answer. For crime statistics you can contact the local police dept. for stats.