what are the best areas in clinton hill to purchase an apartment?

Asked by Rossana, Brooklyn, NY Mon Nov 29, 2010

Answers

9
Elaine Cooper, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Hi Rossana,

You can purchase a great apartment at the Clinton Hill Coops in Clinton Hill. The apartments are large, the coop's financials are excellent, and you'll be right in the heart of the Clinton Hill with Fort Greene Park in walking distance.

There are several great one and two bedroom apartments for sale there, and if you'd like to know more, feel free to give me a call.

Regards

Elaine Cooper
Real Estate Salesperson
Fillmore Real Estate
Cell: 917-544-2662/Office: 718-858-4700
elaine@sellahomebrooklyn.com
Georgio Avge…, Home Seller, Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Jun 12, 2012
If you like, come by and meet me and my wife, this saturday. We're having an open house from 12N to 5PM at our 1BR co-op, directly across the street from Pratt Institute. Have a peak: http://tinyurl.com/6mfspoe
Most likely there will be a few neighbors dropping by with whom you can chat about how nice the neighborhood is. See you there?
, ,
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Good afternoon Rossana,

There is a step-by-step process to buying a home, and I think this will aid you as you begin your search.

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Wed Apr 25, 2012
The area around Pratt Institute is safe, full of interesting people, great restaurants, and quiet. Prices are really low too. For instance, here's my 1BR co-op, directly across the street from Pratt, great for a student or teacher, for only $225,000 direct from a seller. Have a peak: http://tinyurl.com/6mfspoe

Open houses May 8 and 12 from 12 noon to 5PM or call my office at 914-378-8000 ext. 22 for an appointment.
Ronda Savoy, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Nov 29, 2010
Clinton Hill is a historic district with mansion lined streets, which tend to be the most desirable. Pratt Institute is in the hood and draws alot of college renters into the area. The area has become increasingly desireable as buyers are priced out of other brownstone Brooklyn areas. Alot of the prewar buildings are 4 family browtones, the larger are elevator apartment buildings, some are rentals, but most have been converted into coops. I have NO Board Approval sales of this type available. There are also newer condo's which tend not to be in the historic district, and are more on the fringe of the neighborhood. This area is serviced well with buses to downtown Brooklyn and several subway lines. It is also in walking distance of everything and has quite a nice cafe society,
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Nov 29, 2010
Much would depend on best means to you--where will your wants, needs, lifestyle, etc., be most fulfilled....consider visiting the areas more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is important to you, etc., and then make a determination, where will your comfort level best be reached.
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Nov 29, 2010
Dear Rossana:

The entire area in and of itself is good, it becomes a question of your own personal preferences and needs. Some people may be more concerned with close proximity to a subway station while others may want a bigger apartment. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so you have to decide what is most important to you and then convey the same to the agent who is helping you.

If you need additional help please contact me. We have an office located on Douglass Street right off Smith and specialize in the area. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Elaine Cooper, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Nov 29, 2010
Hi Rossana,

I'm very familiar with Clinton Hill since my office is located there, and I live in the area.

There are several great places, both co-ops and condos, to buy an apartment in Clinton Hill. Which complex would be suiteable for you depends a lot on your budget. I currently have two brand new listings in the Clinton Hill Coop and there's a wonderful two bedroom available in Fort Greene (just a stones throw away) for a very reasonable price. If you'd like more information, please feel free to give me a call.

Elaine Cooper
850 Fulton Street
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Weichert Real Estate
718-338-3380
917-544-2662
Sarah Fatima…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Nov 29, 2010
Wherever u are cmfortable walking to the subway! There is only the G train and the buses down DeKalb Ave to deKalb Station of BQ, D and R, which are quick to the city. I like Clinton and Washington Ave with their turn-of the century houses and apartments. Very reasonable priced are the Clinton Coops. If u need help, I lived there for many years and sold apartments and hoiuses there. Just call me and I will help u find a great space. Sarah Parsons, sparsons@halstead.com
Web Reference:  http://halstead.com