what are the average home inspection, pest , and appraisal costs in Charlotte NC area.? for a 3000 total sq ft house.

Asked by Nodoff, 28105 Sun Feb 20, 2011

Answers

3
Ryan Harlan-…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Hi Nodoff,

In my experience ( depends on size/price of home ).

1. Home Inspections
$350-500 avg

2. Pest ( termite report )
$75- 100 avg

3. Appraisal
$ 375 - 500 avg

PLEASE NOTE - Don't try to save yourself 50-100 bucks and go with the cheapest company, like in everything else you pay for what you get, especially on one of the biggest investments you can make. Good home inspectors are worth their weight in GOLD !!

Let me know if you need a few local A+ referrals. Please provide answer feedback.

Thanks Ryan 704-608-476 7 Cell or Text
professional…, , Matthews, NC
Wed Feb 19, 2014
An average home inspeciton is $275.00-$500.00. Depending on the size of the home and how it is built. Appraisl again depends on the type of home and size and the loan, $375.00-$600.00 A pest inspection is from $55.00-$75.00. Again depending on the type of home, slab or crawl space, and the size of the home. Inspections are money well spent. Depending on the age of the home and the mechanical and structual components, this can vary. A pool, for instance is an extra expense to have inspected.
Verification of hook ups to city water and sewer is a free phone call. But a well and septic inspection, again are extra.
Buying a home is most people's largest investment. Ask a trusted and experienced local full time Broker to assist you. Our knowledge and expertise is invaluble to the consumer.
I am a native Charlottean and I have been a full time Broker here for over 25 Years! I don't charge any more than newer and less experienced part time real estate agents. Take advantage of my seasoned career to protect your investment.
I would be happy to answer any quesitons you may have and provide a free consultation.
Ann Taylor/Owner/Broker/Professional Realty & Mgmt/704 589-4770
I am in NC, not NY
Flag Tue Mar 22, 2016
If I am looking at a home with around 2700 sq ft, that has septic and well, is $500 a reasonable amount? This is what the lender has quoted me for a standard home appraisal. This seems high to me, does not include well and septic checked
Flag Tue Mar 22, 2016
Mark Anthony, Agent, Concord, NC
Mon Feb 21, 2011
Good question! Of course, costs will vary depending on the service provider's experience and knowledge. A structural/mechanical inspection completed by a licensed and qualified inspector can cost $400-$500 for a 3,000 square foot home. The price will vary depending upon the age and foundation type (slab, crawl space or basement). You can expect an average cost of $375-$425 for an appraisal and $75-$100 for a Wood Destroying Insect inspection.

In addition, you should invest in having the HVAC inspected by a licensed vendor, the septic system (if applicable) inspected and a boundary survey completed. Don't be intimidated by the total cost of all the inspections -- it's relatively inexpensive when compared to the price of a home. The total costs of the inspections is much easier to accept than a damaged house with serious problems. The cost is certainly worth the value...

Please feel free to contact me to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding inspections, appraisals, title searches or any other aspect of your home search!

Mark Anthony
"Your Trusted Advisor in Real Estate"
704-796-5195 mobile
http://www.MarkAnthonyRealtor.com
mark.anthony@allentate.com