Home Buying in Back Bay>Question Details

franzslutsky, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

what are street vibration noises like on Berkley and Comm Ave?

Asked by franzslutsky, Boston, MA Sat Aug 10, 2013

I've been in the area constantly day time and night time and the noise level is very low. I would take a test run yourself to see if the noise level is to your satisfaction. Hope this helps:)
All very good answers. I would suggest the same as well....spend more time in that area and see for yourself.

Best Of Luck
I have never heard a client or resident complain of noises. Perhaps it's worth spending time over there and getting first hand experience.

Territory Real Estate
Boston's Destination for Home Buyers
617 848 5407 ext 704
Web Reference: http://territory.com

There will almost certainly be very low vibration levels at any given point.
The buildings are all relatively set back off of street, with side walk and parked cars in between the homes and the street, which definitely help as well.
The only time that you may have to worry about is when they are doing roadwork like they are right now.
Also, the heaviest vehicles are only allowed for certain reasons, so they do not cut through the neighborhood as a regular route.

Living in this area will certainly create much more happiness than frustration as a whole.

The best person to answer this question is you. If you are planning to purchase a property to live in in the area spend sometime there to see if the street vibration noises are feasible to you. After all, you will be the one living there and only you know what is most comfortable for you.
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
Com Ave and Berkely intersection makes for a superb location in the Back Bay.
I would not worry about anything here. Street noise will be similar in the area. Plus, trucks are not allowed on Com. Ave.
I would recommend going over there and just spending time there and getting a feel for yourself. Everyone is going to have their own opinion.