what are some towns under 30 min from manhattan that have a hoboken feel but maybe a little more quiet?

Asked by nextjantin, Jersey City, NJ Sun Mar 10, 2013

we have 2 children so the best public schools closest to ny are the most important but as far as as the feel of the neighborhood im looking for safe and quiet but still easy access to shopping. We are looking to rent first for a year or two for 1600 to make sure we are in love with the neighborhood before buying. We are not originally from nj so i dont have a clue where to begin but we are currently both working in nyc and living in jersey city.

Answers

7
Shaun Guarini’s answer
Shaun Guarini, , Hoboken, NJ
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Since you have 2 children that are attending public school make sure you do your research on the school districts. Trulia has great tools for this and you should really do your due diligence.

As far as what you are describing I would check out Rutherford. You can find a rental for that price and there are plenty of shops and restaurants in town. There is also a train station and bus stop in the center of town that provide an easy commute to NYC.

If you can give me some more information on what you are looking for I can get you better advice.

Shaun Guarini
Liberty Realty
201-281-4245
sguarini@libertyrealestate.com
Kathleen Con…, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Weehawken is also a good choice along the waterfront, very close to Hoboken although quieter & you often get more for your money there. Let me know if I can help...
Andrew Tisel…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Hi

yes I would recommend Rutherford,Montclair,Nutley,Jersey city water front.
contact me for a one on one consultation.
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Summit is great, but finding a rental at your price point will be an issue. it has a great downtown and direct trains to the city. Other urban suburban centers are Morristown and Westfield. I can help you with all three.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Emil Veltre, Agent, Clearwater Beach, FL
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Hi!

There are a number of towns that fit your description of schools, shopping and transportation, however, depending upon what your full list of criteria are, that could change.

With that said, I would be to happy to guide you in your search for the perfect place to live for you and your family.

Give me a call at 973.868.4034 or e-mail me at emilveltre@aol.com to discuss further.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and the WONDERFUL weather!

Emil

Emil Veltre, RPh, MS, CDPE
Realtor Associate
Liberty Realty

Mobile: 973.868.4034
Email: emilveltre@aol.com
Website: http://www.EmilVeltre.com
Michele Mess…, Agent, Edgewater, NJ
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Please feel free to call me I'm an agent who works in Hudson And Bergen County. I can take time and go over the towns that are going to give you that Hoboken feel with Blue Ribbon Schools! It sounds to me like you need an area that has a thriving center of town that includes trains and buses to NYC.
Warmest regards,
Michele Messina
Re/Max Villa Realtors
201-970-6064
Brian Diehl, Agent, Verona, NJ
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Check out Rutherford, New Jersey.

Will you buy a car at some point or will you rely solely on public transportation?

Where in NYC are you commuting to?

The answers to these questions may open up more possibilities for you.