what are some of the up and coming neighborhoods in nassau county that will be best for purchasing a home?

Asked by Nona Fontnel, Hempstead, NY Mon Jul 19, 2010

Answers

3
Janet Nation, CBR’s answer
Janet Nation,…, Agent, Baldwin, NY
Wed Jul 28, 2010
Nona, besides being subjective, agents cannot legally answer this question, it's called steering and we can lose our license for it. Decide what is important to you and do your own research base on that; the internet is a wonderful tool for starters. If you need my assistance with purchasing a home, I'm in neighboring Baldwin and I am a buyer's agent. Also if you are a first time homebuyer you may be eligible for a grant depending on your income and number of people in your household.

Janet Nation
Sailing Home Realty
516-377-4760
Fajardo Dela…, Agent, Flushing, NY
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Nona

The island was hit hard as all of New York but the bright
side is this is a great time to start looking. We will need to
find out what are your goals and how much we have to work
with before looking at all your possibilities.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Keep in mind that opinions are often subjective--much will depend on what up and coming means to you, your budget, type of housing etc. If you are not familiar with Nassau County, consider doing some homework first--visit a neighborhood several times and at different times of day, to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.