what are property taxes like in loganville 30052. I am looking at a 3/2.5 thome in tara commons.

Asked by Ann, Grayson, KY Sat Apr 19, 2008

Answers

6
Terri Braswe…, Agent, Loganville, GA
Thu Mar 4, 2010
To be exact call the Walton County Tax Office at 770-267-1485, or provide the exact address. If you are working with a Realtor they can pull the exact tax record, or give me the address and I will pull it for you.
Stephanie Mc…, Agent, Canton, GA
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Sorry Ann, I got sidetracked.
Tara Commons is in Walton County and may be city of Loganville also - I think it probably is. That will be additional tax.
Stephanie Mc…, Agent, Canton, GA
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Ann, to be honest with you, our county commissions for the metro counties around Atlanta are very competitive and they keep millage rates very close to others. Loganville is partially in Gwinnett and partially in Walton. Check out millagerate.com/gwinnett.
Also, waltoncountytax.com

Let me know if I can assist further. I live in Loganville and grew up in Snellville. Be careful out there with new construction particularly. Is the property bank owned or a resale?
Michelle DeR…, , 30606
Fri Jul 11, 2008
Actually, Tara Commons is a fee simple, attached townhome development. There is a Home Owner Association, but no Condominium documents were filed. The biggest point to make about the type of ownership is that there is not a group insurance policy on the buildings, each owner has to have casualty insurance in case of loss and for mortgage eligibility, even though the "units" share common walls.
Karsten Torch, , Grayson, GA
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Hi Ann,

I'm noticing you don't have a lot of answers on this question, and it seems to be that a lot of folks don't realize that Tara Commons is a condominium community. I live very close to there, and am very familar with it, having shown properties in there before.

I looked at the taxes and they are running anywhere from around $1496 to over $1700 / year, with a monthly association fee of $70.

Let me know when you'd like to get into them and I'd be happy to meet you over there.
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Ann,

Property taxes on single family homes priced in the 150K range average between 1200-1600/ Year.

However some records indicate that taxes for this community may be as low as 400-700/ Year.

I also recognized that many of the units being offered there are being sold as is. Are you working with an agent to purchase your home? You may want to consider doing so when looking at properties such as these. This way you can get important information about the community and pricing. Foreclosure properties and bank short sales can have a big impact on the value of the neighborhood.

I would be happy to assist you with your home search to make sure you get the information you need when purchasing a home and look out for your best intrests. Remember it cost you nothing to be represented by an agent when buying a home because all commissions are being paid by the seller.

James Dudley
ERA Sunrise Realty
678-781-7418
james.dudley@era.com