Neil O Donog…, Home Buyer in Hypoluxo, FL

what are condos in yacht club way, scotia drive fl 33462 for 2 bed for sale, is there any risk of flooding?

Asked by Neil O Donoghue, Hypoluxo, FL Thu Oct 16, 2008

is it a safe address for a young mother and young kids,

Answers

6
...also, newer construction is more likely to be up to code. Things changed after 1992, and probably for the better.

Gino Herring, SFR
954-770-5568 p
Neil,
Any property on the intracoastal COULD be subject to storm surge flooding or water damage as a secondary issue to roof damage. This area including the Yacht Club and Mariners is in eastern Lantana/Boynton Beach. It is very close to the main interstate making commuting a snap and has access to shopping, nightlife, and the beach. There are a few community parks nearby and a boat ramp launch. Your best bet for determining your comfort zone in the area is to take a trip yourself if you are local during different times of the day to assess the neighborhood and amenities. I have lived in this area for 15 years, although not on the water and love the smaller town feel of Lantana. I will be more than happy to let you know more about my area if you like. Please check out my website below.
Neil,

Living in coastal Palm Beach County for the past 34 years, I have never seen flooding like you see on TV during or after a hurricane....New Orleans, Galveston, TX, etc... The Yacht Club community is directly on the intracoastal waterway so there is potential for flooding. Perhaps not buying a ground-floor unit would help ease your concerns.

Brian Gleason, Broker
Illustrated Properties Historic Division
561-315-4020
Web Reference: http://www.BrianGleason.net
Neil,

I was just in the Yacht Club yesterday showing a unit listed for $100,000. This unit is infested with mold and water damage. Beware of this one and there are a few others that are have some water damage as well. I haven't had this problem in Mariner's Cay. Good luck with your hunt.

Erica Muller
Hello Neil, My name is Larry Melear and I'm the Managing Broker of the Coldwell Banker Boynton Intracoastal office. 2 BR Condo's in the Yacht Club go from $129,000 - $419,000 and at Mariners Cay from $169,000- $550,000 and the adverage price in both subdivision are in the 200"s. As for flooding, there on the intracoastal waterway and during the last 3 hurricans I have"t heard of any flooding. If you want I could have one of my agents that works in that area give you a call?

Larry Melear
Coldwell Banker
Boynton Intracoastal office
561-732-9747
larry.melear@floridamoves.com
Hi Neil, besides being a realtor I own a unit at the Yacht Club and it is not in a flood zone. However, because it is right by the Intracoastal Waterways, there is always a risk of flood. Scotia Drive is the address for Mariner's Cay. I don't know the specifics for Mariner's Cay being or not on the flood zone, but again, both are right on the intracoastal.

To gather better information, you should contact your insurance agent who would be able to provide you with a better understanding of your risk.

Regards, Karina Leal
http://www.karinaleal.com
561-350-3503
Web Reference: http://www.karinaleal.com