weather in bend as photo shows snow. how much snow, how often and how cold vs summer, same questions. size of master bdrm this home

Asked by Rukus, Bend, OR Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

4
Melanie Mait…, Agent, Bend, OR
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Weather in Bend varies from year to year. I grew up in the midwest and moved here from Arizona so I have experienced severe weather conditions but what I love about Bend is it's weather. We do not get the extreme weather conditions, we have our seasons but yet don't get the extreme cold or heat. The amount of snow fall really depends on which area in Bend you live in. The westside tends to get more snowfall than the eastside. The winters vary from year to year on the average of snow fall, but I would say we have an average of 2 to 3 feet of snow a year here in town.
Moving from Arizona, sunshine was important and Bend gets over 300 days of sunshine even on snowy days!
Bend is a wonderful place to live, with activities to do year round. Please contact me if I can help answer any more questions you may have.
Melanie Maitre
Melanie@melaniemaitre.com
Cascade Sotheby's International Realty
Susan Agli, Agent, Bend, OR
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Interesting question, if you lived in lets say Michigan you would think the snow in Bend is no big deal. But if you lived in Southern California the snow can be exciting, the roads are slick with black ice which is similar to how slick the roads can be after a rain shower in So. Calif because of all the oil on the roads. I think your question should be not how much snow but how long is winter in Bend. Some years it can be relatively short or it can be long but with many sunny days. A tough year is from mid-October until mid-May with very few sunny days. Many people take a vacation in a warmer climate around Feb or in April to escape the deary weather. If you enjoy winter sports you are in luck and will probably enjoy the winter weather much more.
John Stone, Agent, Bend, OR
Wed May 9, 2012
The annual precipitation in Bend is 11.7 inches. Annual average snowfall is about 27.6 inches. We have about 4 to 7 days per year in which snow is an issue for road travel and an all wheel drive is useful.

Bend is in the high desert (3,623 feet) and is a semi-arid climate. Summer days generally range between 70 and 80 degrees, but given the altitude, temperatures will drop up to 30 degrees at night.

For more complete information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bend,_Oregon.

John Stone
Principal Broker Licensed in Oregon
Alleda Real Estate
Cell: (541) 678-2368
E-Mail: jstone@bendbroadband.com
Thesa Chambe…, Agent, Bend, OR
Wed May 9, 2012
I am not seeing which home you are talking about. Bend on Trulia, Zillow and many of these sites often encompasses areas that are 15 miles away and higher in elevation. Although your question is a very good one it would depend on what areas you were truly asking about.

There is an area that is called Bend, that we refer to as Three Rivers South - this area will be colder in the winter, have more snow and warmer in the summer than, let's say Drake Park in the City of Bend.

In general the Central Oregon area snow levels vary from year to year, we can have between 6 inches and 3 feet of snow any given year and occasionally much more. Since we sit at the foot of the Cascade Mountains how much moisture they take from a storm often determines how much we have here.