we want to rent out a house for maybe 2yrs is it possible to do that without the owner running our credit

Asked by Starr, Wed Jul 9, 2008

Answers

6
Katherine Ra…, Agent, Mandeville, LA
Thu Jul 10, 2008
Our firm runs the credit reports from the 3 agencies. The fee is $25.
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Wed Jul 9, 2008
as a landlord, whay kind of "credit check" do you run? Do you pull credit files from the 3 credit reporting agencies and then report your findings to the person seeking credit?? Of do you simply call the applicants work number and previous address?
Joetta Fort, , Arvada, CO
Wed Jul 9, 2008
I own rental properties and I never rent to anyone without doing a credit check and background/criminal check. I have, however, rented to people with credit problems. In those cases, they put down a larger deposit and signed a lease stating that eviction will start sooner than our usual lease states. Different states have different laws, of course. Sometimes, it's county-by-county.

I am constantly surprised at the fact that so few tenants actually want to know what the contract says before they sign it. If you find a landlord who rents a house without doing a credit check, be sure you understand that contract!
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Wed Jul 9, 2008
i do not think paying rent has any effect on your credit
LA Lending, , Baton Rouge, LA
Wed Jul 9, 2008
It is up to the specific landlord's practices. Not all rentals are made the same.

If your worried about credit problems - I agree with the previous post. A written explination could be helpful.

If you do not have credit problems and are worried about the landlord lowering your credit score -- one credit pull will not reduce your score. It's when you have multiple credit inquries in a short amount of time that makes a difference.

If you want to consider buying instead of renting, please visit my website listed below.
Web Reference:  http://www.LALending.net
Katherine Ra…, Agent, Mandeville, LA
Wed Jul 9, 2008
A responsible landlord will want to check your credit rating before entering into a long term lease. If you have credit problems, be prepared to have a written explanation to go along with that credit report. If you need assistance, feel free to contact me at kracine@kw.com or check my website http://www.katherineracine.com