we're planning to buy a home in florida.What can we expect to pay for homeowers insurance?

Asked by rubygasser, Lexington, KY Thu Oct 4, 2012

Answers

5
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
-
use a .75 factor of the sales price

http://www.pro-option.com
==
Jeffery Lonas, Agent, Clearwater Beach, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Hi Ruby,

Your monthly Homeowners insurance will depend on a number of things. It will depend on where the property is located. Is it in a flood zone etc. Also the construction of the home will be a factor. I would recommend that you start working with an agent in the area now. Please feel free to call me if I can assist in any way.

Jeffery Lonas
Real Estate Consultant
Keller Williams Gulfside Realty
727-831-6089
Join me on Facebook
Jim Olive, Agent, Key West, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Florida is a big state with lots of different geographical areas, so lots of different insurance rates. Your homeowners in a high cost area (in the coastal/flood zone) won't be much higher than anywhere else. You'll pay flood insurance in flood zones (depending where you are, you can either be flood free or right on the ocean and pay max flood), and that will typically be less than $2k/yr. Windstorm is the killer in most places. Varies with value of home and location. Here in Key West we pay a lot more than we should, since our homes are built to rigorous standards designed to meet hurricane conditions. But with certain mitigation features (shutters, roof straps, etc) you can reduce the cost of windstorm. I wouldn't even want to put a figure out for windstorm. It can be very low for extreme inland areas, or outrageous for very high-end homes on the water. Best of luck with your purchase...Jim
Julie Rosent…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Hil, Ruby,
Great questions! I've been helping people buy Florida real estate for 30 years. Because each property you may be interested in has a variety of features, each needs to be analyzed by a good home insurance agent to get your quote. You have a wide variety of choices in Florida. Please call/text me at (561)827-6789, email me at: julier6789@gmail.com or please check my website for listings alerts at http://www.julier6789@gmail.com
Julie Rosenthal, Broker, ABR, GRI, EcoBroker, CAM, TRC
Property Brokers International
Danielle Sha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Insurance rates depend on age of the home, age of the roof, estimated rebuild cost, pool or no pool (pool cage rider) and whether the property is in a floodplain. There is no way to get a ballpark until you choose an area.