Unhappy Purc…, Home Buyer in Nogales, AZ

we had a contingent offer on a home in rio ricco our home did not sell but the agent at agave priemier properties in nogales did not give deposit back

Asked by Unhappy Purchaser, Nogales, AZ Fri Nov 11, 2011

We had a contigent offer with the agent Ana to buy a cono built home in rio ricco,we put down a two thousand dollar deposit we where told that the deposit would be returned if our home did not sell.Ana was in constant contact with our re/max agent who informed Ana the house was listed with him and he had been actively trying to sell it.When the offer expired the agent Ana was told the house had not sold and we did not ask for an extension.Ana sent to my agent a release form for which we assumed and so did our agent was to get our deposit back ,Ana never at anytime before the form was signed did she advice us if we signed the form we would not get our money back.The offer was in both my husband and my name I was the only one to sign the release,after which Ana e=mailed our agent to saypoor--- they are not getting there money back.when tried to find out the reason she cut off all contact.Ana had the deposit released to the builder because she said it took too long for what I don't .

Answers

3
Thalia Kyria…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Fri Nov 23, 2012
I agree, go over your contract and contact a real estate attorney.
Rocky Dole, Agent, Maricopa, AZ
Fri Nov 11, 2011
It sounds like you are in a tough situation. Since I do not have the contract the only advice that I can reasonably give you is to contact a real estate attorney. If you need some attorney's names and numbers then email me and I will send you some that work in the area.
Sandra Paulow, Agent, Pinetop, AZ
Fri Nov 11, 2011
Without knowing what the contract you signed says, there is no way to give you any direction. Best advice I can give, read the fine print of the contract you signed. If you don't understand it, contact an Attorney.