Home Buying in West Akron>Question Details

Cutt, Home Buyer in West Akron, Akron, OH

we are trying to buy a house in the 44320 area. Unfortunately my husband was the victim of identity theft and the only way we are going to be able to

Asked by Cutt, West Akron, Akron, OH Fri Oct 15, 2010

get into a home is Owner Finance, Lease Option, Land contract, or Rent to own. We have found many houses we could easily pay in full in under five years. How can we get into these houses now? Will banks do Owner finance, Rent to own etc?

Help the community by answering this question:


Kevin Olson, Jessica Laude’s answer
Banks will not do owner finance or rent to own. If you are considering one of theses terms I highly suggest getting an attorney to oversee things on your end to make sure you are getting into something safe while at the same time realistic and manageable.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 15, 2010
hi curt, we specialize in alternative fiancing methods and feature several proprties in which we do owner financing we typically request 5000 down and 500 per month for monthly payments we can be contacted at 330 281 1876 or view our website @ ctdt invesrtment properties . com to see the variety of financing options we may be able to assist you with all of our owner financing is typically for 4yrs or less try us today!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 27, 2011
There are many owners out there offering lease options/purchases. If you would like a list, please le tus know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 16, 2010
There are many buyers that have certain issues with there credit in todays market. There are quite a few sellers and owners that would consider a rent to own option or lease. Usually banks will not do owner financing. Would love to help you out.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 16, 2010
Hello Cutt.... Owner finance means the present owner of the property (seller) will finance the house, no bank would be involved. Rent to own is similar in that you would be paying the present owner of the property rent, while hoping to buy the property after a period of time. Once again, no bank would be involved.

There are a few properties where the present owner would be willing to sell a property to you on land contract or lease purchase. All that would be required is that both you and the seller determine what you would pay, as well as the other terms of the contract.

Until your husbands credit can be repaired, it will be difficult to find a bank that will lend to him in his name alone. But, as you've noted, you can still be a homeowner by using an alternative buying method.

Jim Dvorovy
Cutler Real Estate
203 Applegrove NW
N. Canton, Oh 44720
Cell 330-685-4615
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 15, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer