we are thinking about buying our first home. we have a chance to buy from a freind. we are doing this with

Asked by Gamk, Johnstown, PA Sat Jun 20, 2009

cash. what all should i do before we agree? will there be more money going out in taxes on the house its self?? help????

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Heather Mori…, Agent, Allentown, PA
Tue Jun 23, 2009
Hello Gamk!

Yes, I have seen so many things go wrong when you do not have representation from a Real Estate agent. The Seller can still make out on the deal by not paying a Seller's Agent...so, you can find a Buyer's Agent that would be willing to represent you and the seller would only need to pay a commission of 2% of the purchase price. Since you did not need the Real Estate Agent to help you find the home and all you need is someone to protect you through the entire transaction and make sure the seller and you both do what you say you are going to do....this could be done by an attorney also....but, a Buyer's Agent will add more of a personal touch to the transaction for you. If the seller is not willing to pay the 2% maybe you can both split the cost and pay 1% each. Just as much as you would be paying an attorney. I would help you...but, I am not from your area.

Good Luck and Don't make the mistake of this being the worst First Time Home Buying Mistake by not protecting yourself.!
0 votes
Shannan Yarn…, Agent, Johnstown, PA
Sat Jun 20, 2009
You should hire a Realtor or an attorney to do the paperwork & explain all of the closing costs to you.
There are many things involed in buying a house, even when it is with cash.
If you would like me to help you email me: shannanyarnick@remax.net
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Johnstown Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more