ponniah_mohan, Home Buyer in Fresno, CA

we are planning to move out of state , is this a good time to list the house for sale or we should wait until spring.

Asked by ponniah_mohan, Fresno, CA Thu Sep 19, 2013

Answers

13
The answer to this question depends on your local markets property inventory. Oakland County, Michigan has low property inventory. With that being said; anytime is a good time to list here!
The market only is getting hotter with time. Waiting until spring isn't a bad idea because the house should sell for more come spring. Let me know if you need help pricing or selling the house!
I came across this question and am very impress to see you are the only agent that advised the Original poster to wait (honest answer) instead of convincing him to sell.
Flag Thu Aug 28, 2014
Great question! I would advise you to sell now. There is a very low inventory of homes and buyers are numerous. Buyers and realtors alike right now are very excited to see any new listings on the market. Please feel free to contact me at any time for any questions you may have. I am committed to providing you with the highest customer service.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
You al say that now is the time to sell, however our home has been on the market for months with no reasonable offers, look at this property and tell me what is wrong, it is priced at a "real appraisal" value, so you tell me it's a sellers market, I disagree.
Sorry 13354 Gorget Dr. South Lyon, MI. 48178
Flag Fri Sep 20, 2013
A long time ago, I was contemplating trimming some bushes and trees on my property. I had a very wise, old neighbor that knew quite a bit about botany, so I asked him... "when is the best time to prune trees and bushes?" He looked at me with a wry smile, and said... "When the blade is sharp!"
You can apply that message to selling a home as well.
There is less inventory out there now, (fewer buyers, as well), but the market is very good right now, and you will have fewer homes to compete against.
Sharpen the blade!
If I can be of any further help, give me a call!
Mark Mergener
Cell 248-935-0335
markmergener@sbcglobal.net
I see that your signature says Fresno, California. If you need to sell a home in California, then you need to speak to a California agent, not a Michigan agent. The real estate market in California will be much different then the market in Michigan. If you need a referral for a great agent in California, please contact me and I will be happy to introduce you to one.

If, however, you are speaking about selling a house in Michigan, then I would advise you to list that property for sale now. Most properties that are priced correctly are selling within days with multiple offers. I can help you with a market analysis of your home and give you a good idea of how much you can expect to sell it for. If you would like my assistance at no charge to you, please feel free to contact me.

Kathy Persha, Associate Broker
GRI, SFR
Keller WIlliams Realty
248-930-0198
http://www.thekathypershateam.com
Good Evening Ponniah,
I can't really say much more than everyone else, low inventory + buyer demand = seller's market. There has been a slight increase in the interest rate for mortgages which could affect the number of buyers out looking. I agree with the analysis that we don't know for certain what next spring will bring but we all know that we've just come through an intense spring and summer of the best seller's market I've seen in quite some time. I think you stand a very good chance of finding a buyer quickly so you should have a good idea of how long you will need to stay in your home before you move out of state. If you're not planning on moving out of state until next summer you will probably want to market your home in the spring. If, however, you are waiting to move until you sell your home and you can't wait to leave Michigan especially before our lovely winter begins, then think about marketing your home now. You could be someplace warm by Christmas. My office is located on Big Beaver between Crooks and Coolidge and I would love the opportunity to talk with you about your moving plans. Feel free to contact me on my cell at 248-770-7516.
Susan
This is a GREAT time to sell. Good homes are selling very fast so you need to have a plan in place to where you are going to move. Please call me for a consultation & we can discuss your options & how much you will net out of the sale. All my 5 kids went to school in Troy.
I wish you well,
Sigrid Garrick
586-322-7165. Cell
Keller Williams realty
http://Www.macomboaklandhomes.com
Good evening Ponniah,

No better time than the present. The inventory is low and demand is high a great sellers market,

Diane 586 321 0947
Great Time to sell! If you are looking for a Troy resident with over 24 years of exerience I am your agent, Doug Shaw RE/MAX in the Hills 248-330-0177 http://www.sellingtroy.com
Now is a great time to sell your home. The market is up right now, interest rates were reduced just yesterday. You can give me a call anytime...I work and live in Troy, so I know the area very well. Inventory is really low specifically in the Troy market.

My phone number is 248 417-9617

James Silver
Hi Ponniah,

I would say, there is no time like the present, and here is why I say that. Currently there are positive factors that would encourage putting your home on the market now:

- Prices have increased to a great level.
- Interest rates are still low although they have trended higher. Many analyst predicting that interest rates will be higher next year.
- Inventory levels are very low and there much more buyers than there are homes.

So, I recommend listing the home now specially if it agrees with your moving out of state plans. Please feel free to contact me for a more personal consultation.

Nash Khraishi
Associate Broker/Realtor©
http://www.RealtorNASH.com
(248) 247-5000 Direct
(248) 247-2449 Fax
(248) 250-1192 Cell

Keller Williams Troy Market Center
1700 W. Big Beaver, Suite 100
Troy, MI. 48084
Good Evening!

We know what the market is doing now, we don't know what it's going to be doing in the Spring.

Home prices have risen within the last year. Depending on when you're moving out of state should determine on when you list the property.

If you need the assistance of a seller's agent I would be happy to help.

Have a great day!!

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com