we are looking to buy a three bedroom condo. We would like to know what is the best area in ft myers for a condo

Asked by Cameron, 33919 Mon Jul 12, 2010

Answers

28
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Cameron.....you should for sure give a good hard look at the the South Fort Myers area......There are some fantastic deals there and it is also centrally located. There is a lot going on in the area. We would love to help you with your search.....let us know if we can be of assistance.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
Kim Benedict, Agent, Overland Park, KS
Sat Mar 21, 2015
Google is always the best place to start when needing your questions answered on places to live. This way you can see what works best for you or don't. No one knows what your desired area is like better then you. Everyone has different needs and wants and google can satisfy those desires with a few clicks. Its what I have done as well when moving cross country to areas I know nothing about. its a saving grace to me! I hope this helps. Good luck in your search!
Debi, Home Buyer, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Dorenda Went…, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun Jan 2, 2011
Hi Cameron- If you let me know your pricing parameters and what amenities you are looking for (golf, pool, tennis etc) and what locational factors are important to you - close to the beach, shopping, airport, .... I can help you find a nice 3B condo and let you know where the better values are that are out there! Also important to know is whether you have a preference for first floor or top floor, etc...My cell is 239-839-6577 or Email me at WentRealty@aol.com.
Pam Wittenau…, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun Jan 2, 2011
As Lloyd said it best we cannot steer you to a specific area. Maybe it would be a good idea to look at the association fees and the amenities to see what fits your needs first. That might narrow it down for you. There are beautiful condos/carriage homes that are lovely and easy to maintain.

Give me a call at 239-989-7077.
pam@krisecg.com
Pam Wittenauer
LLoyd Nichols, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Dec 24, 2010
Cameron
AS you can tell by now very few are going to give you a stright answer as it would be steering which is illegal but if you write me or call me I can tell you clearly what each area of Fort Myers provides.
Happy New Year

LLoyd Nichols
Sandals Realty
cell: 239-810-2980
office: 239-463-5217

realtorlloydn@aol.com
Sandy Saddle…, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Dec 24, 2010
There are three bedroom condos through out Fort Myers. You can do a thorough search on my daily updated website. Our website is simply the Best!
Dorenda Went…, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun Oct 17, 2010
Hi Cameron - Just checking in with you to see if you have found that 3B condo you are looking for? Are you sure also that you want a condo? There are a number of single family homes available for the same prices as a condo without the condo fees attached? Many options and a host of lovely communities! Feel free to call me or Email me & I can put my 13+years of experience to work for you! 239-839-6577 Dorenda WentRealty@aol.com
Beverly LaLo…, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Mon Oct 11, 2010
Cameron, did you ever proceed with your search? The season is hot, the weather is beautiful and if you want real value, give us a call: 239-676-9190.

Bev LaLonde, FL Licensed Real Estate Broker
Realta Properties

STELLAR SERVICE, REAL VALUE. TM
Dorina Souma…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Aug 24, 2010
It really depends on your needs and family dynamics. There are alot of great deals throughout Fort Myers with many amenities. Please contact me, Dorina Soumastre, at Sandals Realty, at (239) 910-6485 or dorinas13@aol.com and I'll be glad to help in any way!
Sarah Garrett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
I would absolutely love to show you the best that Fort Myers has to offer you. I have been a resident of Fort Myers since 1982 and seen a few changes. Most of the Fort Myers areas have held their value and could be considered the best. But the true value might be found by looking in some of the established communities. I have pulled up an example of what is available to see if this might be what you are looking for. This unit is ready for your best offer.

Another idea for you might be a single family home where the association takes care of the lawn, trimmings, painting, roof and insurance. The communities off Island Park Road are great for smaller single family detached carriage houses. Lots of great developments between Colonial and Daniels Pkwy. Colonial Country Club, Eagle Ridge and Fiddlesticks will always be top notch gated areas.
I would like to help you find the right property meeting all of your buying criteria as your buyer's agent. My fees are paid by the seller or seller's bank. My job isn't complete until you find the right place for the right price.

You may use this sight as access to the entire Florida Gulfcoast MLS: http://www.swfloridahomebuyer.listingbook.com

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you,

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Closen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006 - 2010" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Nancy Doyle, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Hello Cameron,
As the others have said price point and community amenities vary. We would really need more information on what is most important to you in a condo. We have many lovely areas, but really can't comment on the best. We just utilize the information you give us, and try to find a perfect match for you.

Best of Luck,
Nancy
239-209-2237
nancy.doyle1@comcast.net
http://www.nancyd.listingbook.com
Web Reference:  http://www.nancydrealtor.net
Chris Spina, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Cameron: Good Afternoon. Unfortunately licensed agents cannot provide you information in terms of what the "best" areas are to buy in. They can only provide you information in terms of what is available based on your price range. Also, the definition of what is best is really an arbitrary situation as everyone is different. I would suggest you secure a realtor, advise on your search parameters and then begin the process of reviewing the listings that best match your requests. Over a rather short period of time, you will clearly determine in your mind what is the "best" area for you to be in. Good Luck! Chris
Web Reference:  http://www.spinarealty.com
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Cameron,

As others have mentioned, more information is needed in order to better assist you. We have over 55 communities, waterfront communities, golf communities etc...If you can provide me with more information I would be more than happy to assist you with your search.

Feel free to contact me by email at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or call me on my cell phone at 239-707-4575.

Terry McCarley / Remax Realty Team - Proud Title Sponsor of the 2010 Red White & Boom Celebration
Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Cameron,

I need more information to assist you.

Please e-mail me at

kevin@kevincloutier.com or call me at 239-246-6639 and answer a few questions for me. Ten I can assist you.

Kevin Cloutier
Southern Premier Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.kevincloutier.com
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Cameron,
If you haven't been here recently, drive through the area and try and identify the type of location you are looking for. A good Realtor will be a real asset in helping you. Everyone does not like the same things and how much you want to spend is also a major factor.

Genevieve Ramachandran
Jeanine Stan…, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Good Morning Cameron - While you have received a number of answers here, I believe it is best to contact a local agent that you can work with to assist you with your exact needs. Once you feel comfortable with the agent you are going to work with and know that they are committed to helping you, will you get an idea as to what you want and in what area of Fort Myers. It really all depends on what you are personally wanting. We have quite a number of condos in various price ranges with different amenities that will surely fit what you are looking for.
Cameron, feel free to contact me at your convenience and see if we make a good fit to achieve your goal!
Jeanine Standing Bear, Realtor
Sandals Realty of Fort Myers, Inc.
1567 Hayley Lane, Suite 205
Fort Myers, FL 33907
#239-340-5600
email: jstandingbear@yahoo.com
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Your question is very vague about what you are looking for. I think the Trulia community could provide better advice if you resubmit this question with more details about what are your preferences, your must haves and what is your target budget for this purchase.

Paul E. Kirc…, , Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Depending on your price range, Estero (contiguous to Fort Myers' southern border, between Ft. Myers and Bonita Springs) is a great place to live. There are no city taxes here as we are in unincorporated Lee county.

An important consideration is the financial viability of the condo association. You may get what you feel is a great buy on a condo, but if the association is in financial trouble, it's defiinitely not a bargain.

You can buy a condo in Naples in the $40K's, but your share of the association budget could be make it cost prohibitive. Buyer Beware. Your agent will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Your association fees can go up from year-to-year and become a burden. You can expect most developments current fees to be $300 a month at the least and some associations go up to $650 mo.+, so fees play a major role in your buying decision.

Everything depends on your price range. Age of condo? In general, try to buy as new as you can. Watch for Chinese drywall, though. Be sure to choose concrete block. Most of them are. Check on % of delinquency in association. A long check list.

If Estero seems like a community you'd like to check out, please call or e-mail.

Paul Kirchmann, Realty World-Florida 239-4051041 paulinflorida@gmail.com
LLoyd Nichols, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Just contact me and once we discuss your preferences I will be able to find you communities that suit you best.
You may also sign up on my site and have your own password and search our MLS with the following link: http://lloydnswfloridahomes.listingbook.com/
You may contact me on my cell or on my e-mail at realtorlloydn@aol.com
or check my blog at: http://activerain.com/lloydn
and good luck!
Lloyd Nichols
Sandals Realty of SWFL
239-810-2980
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
There are some great communities in south Ft Myers. Have you gotten pre-approved to determine your price range? Have you decided on what amenities are important to you? I would be more than happy to assist you in your search.
Marge Bennett
Sellstate Achierver Realty
8931 Conference Dr
Ft Myers, Fl 33919
239-560-4159
Susan Waddle, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Depends on your price range. All areas of Ft. Myers have great benefits. What is your price range and the time you are looking to purchase. Are you pre-approved by a lender.
David Lang, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
There are so many different types of condo communities in Fort Myers, it is hard to tell you to look at any of them without knowing more about your wants and needs in a home. You can try to do a little research yourself to get an idea of what amenities you would like to have in a community and the criteria you would want in a home. You may also want to consider using a local Realtor. This may be the most efficient use of your time. With any set of criteria, there may be a few different communities that he/she could recommend that you would want to consider.

David Lang
Keller Williams Elite Realty
Danielle Sha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Cameron

Federal law will not allow us to answer that specific question. Unless you're very familiar with each area I would recommend checking crime stats, blogs & forums. Some of the best sites are http://www.city-data.com & http://www.sheriffleefl.org.

If I can be of any help please let me know. Have a great evening!
Web Reference:  http://www.mysharphomes.com
Kurt Gearing, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Depends on your preferences. Do you to want to have easy access to the beaches? to the airport? Is a gated community a must? What is your top amount you would consider paying for association fees? Woud you consider a high rise or prefer a townhouse? Would you only consider a condo that was recently built?

Fort Myers has developed a great infrastructure and it is easy to get around.

We can address your needs? Call or email. http://www.gearingupteam.com
Holly Marth, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Find a Realtor you can "click with" really well; be honest with him or her on your likes, dislikes, interests, things that really matter to you....good place to start! Best of Luck!

Let me know if I can do anything for you!
Holly Quesinberry,
239-246-0442
Web Reference:  http://www.cypressrealty.com
Serpil, , Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
The answer to your question is.... what are you looking for in a condo other than 3 bedrooms? Please feel free to contact me, so that I can match your criteria, with what is currently available.

Serpil Ludwig
Century 21 Sunbelt
239-896-0087
serpil@embarqmail.com
Erik Elsea, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 12, 2010
The easiest way to figure out what area works best for you is to go to http://www.resuperstars.com and set yourself up an account. It will give you neighborhood, school, and other community information. If you have questions about a specific area I would be happy to help.
Web Reference:  http://www.resuperstars.com