we are looking into purchasing a condo or townhouse in celebration, FL. after we buy it, are we allowed to rent it out for short-term leases?

Asked by Mhkuo1, Sarasota, FL Thu Apr 7, 2011

also, what are the condo fees/misc upkeep fees and taxes?

Answers

7
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Thu Apr 7, 2011
NO. Celebration does not allow for short-term rentals. There are many other great communities nearby that allow and/or were designed to be short-term friendly. Let me know if you would like a list of such communities.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty

http://www.SearchKissimmeeHomes.com
Rich, , Celebration, FL
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Hi. Celebration does not allow short term rentals. 235 Goldenrain Dr # 2203 is a 2/2 condo at 1131 sq ft. It's priced in the mid $100's. Hoa is $861 annually. Monthly maintenance is $264. Taxes (not homestead) are $2,197 annually. I hope this helps. I live in Celebration and will be glad to help you with your needs. There are short term rentals nearby but outside of Celebration.

Rich Vandermeer
StarPower Realty
321-948-0356
I understand that you can't rent in celebration but does that also prevent your immediate family from being able to use your condo if it is not a rental?

thanks

Jeff
Flag Sat Mar 24, 2012
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Many condo's in resort communities may have restrictions for leasing, Your buyers agent can provide you assistance EACH property stands alone

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Devi Pokhoy, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Hi Mhkuo1,
You might find some place that does short term rentals, but you will have to find out if that community will allow it.. I agree with what mark said. But if you do need help finding a place in Celebration, I would be more than happy to help.

Devi Pokhoy
Keller Williams Classic Realty
407-227-3886
Vanessa Barn…, Agent, Celebration, FL
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Hi there!
Short term rental is not allowed in celebration. There are communities around Celebration that allow short term rental If you are not working with a realtor, I would love the opportunity to understand your needs and assist you.
Kind regards
Vanessa Barnes with Keller Williams Realty 407-973-2414
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Thu Apr 7, 2011
NO, there is no short term rental allowed in Celebration. The rules of the HOA limit you to two rentals per year. The HOA will jump all over you if you try and break those rules and your neighbors would turn you in. Celebration is NOT a tourist community.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Mhkuo,

Whether or not a unit can be rented and the frequency and duration is something that is determined by each individual home owner's association. The fees and upkeep will vary from association to association as well.

Taxes will be determined based on the home's value. In Sarasota County a general approximate number can be determined by multiplying the sale price times 1.5. Thus, a $100,000 home may have taxes in the range of $1,500 annually.

Hope this information is helpful.