we are looking at buying a home or condo in Sarasota. Any areas/neighborhoods we should avoid. We have heard to stay south of Bahia Vista?

Asked by Abbey, 34243 Fri Apr 30, 2010

Answers

7
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat May 1, 2010
Fair Housing Laws prevent an agent from answering--check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached. Do some of your own homework first, visit neighborhoods more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is of importance to you, then make a determination--will your comfort level be reached.
Imabusygal@a…, Home Buyer, Sarasota, FL
Mon Aug 5, 2013
FOR SALE:We have a large two-story colonial, built in 1928, over 3,000 sq. ft. under roof, extra large pool 16' X 31', with large screened in lanai. 2 1/2 car garage, 3 1/2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms.
In most beautiful neighborhood, best street along Sarasota Bay, Westmoreland Drive.
We lived here 35 years, and began to remodel when husband got ill. House has been vacant
for several years, but will be an extreme bargain for someone who wants to do remodeling and make it a showplace once again. Drive by 7735 Westmoreland Drive, Sarasota, FL 34243...
and if you are interested, call to see inside (941) 355-4919.
Chadstevens2…, Home Buyer, Sarasota, FL
Sun Jul 11, 2010
We have a beautiful condo downtown for sale because we are having a baby and need to move into a house with more room. Its right behind the big glass building downtown. We are a block away from everthing. The building is a historical building built in 1928 has 20 units. each unit has windows on every wall so there is plenty of light including a gorgous sunroom. The building is three stories we are on the top floor facing the Gormeze Theater. Our unit is the biggest one bedroom unit in the building. We have totally remodeled the unit, and everythiing is new. New Air, New Tankless Hot Water Heater, New Washer & Dryer Front Loader Full Size, New Appliances, New Oak Floors, New Tile & Granite Bath, All New Light Fixtures, Water Filtration System, New Kitchen. We are Asking $239,000. You Also get gated parking, pool & grill.

If you are interested you can call me at 941-313-4568
Gloria Cervo…, Agent, Bradenton, FL
Wed Jul 7, 2010
You have to provide more information to get a good answer.
Any Children?
What price range?
How close to work ?
What is a great area to someone is not so great to others.
The most important thing is to choose a good Realtor !!!
Let me know if you want me to help.
Gloria Cervoni
Michael Saunders and Company
5100 Ocean Blvd.
Sarasota, Fl 34242
941.544.7746 Cell
Charles Offer, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun May 9, 2010
Abbey,

My fellow Realtors have already given you good advice. Even though Anna Brocco is not here in Sarasota, her very concise answer concerning Fair Housing laws is correct, as is her advice to do your own research. Others may offer you their opinions and advice concerning specific areas, but only you know what is right for you.

In my opinion, if you limit your search to south of Bahia Vista, you will miss many great neighborhoods, some excellent housing, and perhaps some outstanding buys. If you are currently just searching the internet for available homes and condos, I'd like to suggest that you really need to get out and see as much of the Sarasota area as possible, to form your own ideas of what will work for you. You can do some of this on your own, of course, but the best way to do it is to choose one good Realtor who understands the entire local market, and let them be your guide. That Realtor should be able to give you specific information concerning various neighborhoods, and will also be able to easily get you inside numerous properties in a single trip. Viewing a few neighborhoods and several properties in 3 or 4 hours will help you to put things into perspective. Soon you will find that you can eliminate certain areas, and focus on those that really appeal to you.

There are many excellent Sarasota Realtors who provide good information to buyers and sellers on Trulia. Pick one, and make a commitment to work with them. I think that you will find that you will get good service, and your home search will be much easier than if you try to do it on your own. Of course, I would be happy if you choose to work with me, but even if you choose another Realtor I wish you good luck with your search.

Charles Offer
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
423 St. Armands Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941) 321-9664
http://www.FloridaMoves.com/Charles.Offer
Ken Ipox, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun May 2, 2010
Abbey,

There are a lot of great neighborhoods that are North of Bahia Vista. Friends and people you meet are a great place to learn about the area, but you should also find assistance from impartial people as well. Everyone is different so asking questions of professionals is a great way to learn your choices.

Moving to a new area is full of many difficult decisions and every family has their own set of needs. I always suggest clients start by determining what they are going to do with their time if they are living here. Are they moving because of work, retirement, a change in family size, etc. We have many different recreational and entertainment options in Sarasota. The beaches and watersports, Golf and Tennis, and Art and Cultural Districts are some of these choices.

From there your budget and the type of property you are most interested in will lead to your different choices in the area.

Feel free to contact me to learn more about some of the choices you can have in the Greater Sarasota Region. You will find a lot of information on my website- http://www.kenipox.net

Thank You and have a Great Day.

Ken Ipox, Realtor
http://www.kenipox.com
Office 941-993-7279
kenipox@prudentialpalmsrealty.com
David White, , Sarasota, FL
Sat May 1, 2010
Hello Abbey,
Your question poses an interesting dilemma. While I understand your caution, anything can happen in any area you might choose to live. I suggest you visit my website http://www.davewhiterealestate4you and click on the school system ratings as this will give you an idea of the quality of the education system in a particula area i.e, ratings (A+) (B-) (C+) (D-) and so forth. This is usually a very good indicator of the quality of the area.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail I would be more than happy to answer any question you might have and get the criteria you have in mind, Single Family Home vs., Condo / Villa, number of bedrooms bathrooms, gated community, and most importantly your price range. My contact info can be found below in the signature portion of this message of by clicking on my Trulia Profile.

Make it a great day!

David G. White / Realtor Associate (SFR) Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource Certified
Coldwell Banker Real Estate, Inc.
Sarasota Central Office
Home Office (941) 756-0821 / Direct line (954) 815-1646
david.white@floridamoves.com
http://www.davewhiterealestate4you.com