we are leaving Japan on orders to beaufort, sc. looking for a 3-4 bedroom home to rent near base. help pls.

Asked by Christine Covington, japan Thu Apr 24, 2008

Answers

10
Laura Hatfie…, Home Buyer, Beaufort, SC
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Hi, We lived in Beaufort several years while at Parris Island and are actually going to retire there. I don't know your price range, but rents within 10 miles of the bases usually run about $900-1500, averaging around $1100 depending on how fancy you want to get. It's actually cheaper to buy in a lot of decent neighborhoods. If you like more of a tranquil outdoors location, Ladys Island (about a 20 minute drive to either base) is nice, with big lots and oak trees, houses prices $120-500K or so. If you are looking closer to town, there are several neighborhoods. If you like a downtown walking area, downtown Beaufort or Port Royal is usually pretty pricey, with mostly antibellum type homes. Homes further out tend to be more Florida-style. The very closest housing is just across the street from PI Gateway with 2BR condos renting for about $1000 (waterfront) but you can also buy/rent a ranch-style brick home at Shell Point, an old neighborhood, about 5 minutes from PI and slightly further to the air station. There are lots of active duty and retired Marines in many of these neighborhoods so in generally safety is not an issue. I don't know which school districts are better/worse.

We also recently looked at some houses on Lady's Island that I am told rent for about $1000-1100 in a couple of subdivisions with 3-4BR/2BA, garage, about 1/4 acre lot and about 30% of the homes had USMC flags. The neighborhood is "Sam's Point Road" and there are houses of all sizes and prices, and a fishing dock at the end of the road. We really liked that neighborhood because of the oak trees and the water. We found homes from $120K and up, but many are for rent, too.

Hope this helps! Semper Fi, Laura
Linda Coe, Agent, Beaufort, SC
Tue Feb 8, 2011
If you are looking for a home to rent in a gated, waterfront community, I can help. great home in a gated, waterfront community. 5 years old with many upgrades. Linda 843 476 1841. This is my personal home.

lindabcoe@gmail.com
Voices Member, , Kukuihaele, HI
Tue Dec 1, 2009
Christine,
First of all let me welcome you to Beaufort!. I think you will be very happy here. I would love to help you in any way I can . I have been a Real Estate agent of 8 yrs I handle rentals and home sales. If you could e mail me a ( wish list) of what you are looking for in a home I will be happy to send you all that is available. Just e mail to juliesellsbeaufort@hotmail.com I will also send you a welcome package with info on things to do schools etc.

Best Wishes

Julie Potts
Christine Co…, , japan
Wed May 7, 2008
if i can get a listing of homes near mcas beaufort then that would be great. we are kinda on crunch time and i would like to get started with an agency
Jackie Brown, , Beaufort, SC
Wed May 7, 2008
Christine,

I just helped a young couple close on a home near Laurel Bay.with VA financing. There are several on the market in this area as well as close to Paris Island. If you are wanting to rent - a lot of homes that have been on the market for a while are willing to lease. If I can help you with finding a rental home - you can contact me at jackiepbrown@charter.net or call 843-812-8191.
Christine Co…, , japan
Thu May 1, 2008
Help is what i need. Only rentals! 4+ bedrooms. my email address is christine.covington@usmc.mil Close to MCAS Beaufort if possible. Thank you so much for your help. God bless!
Jason Berry, , 29907
Thu May 1, 2008
Congratulations or your new orders to Beaufort, SC. If you have never been here before, you are in for a treat. A very beautiful and tranquil setting along the intracoastal waterway. There are several rentals available in our market area here. Of course it depends on which base you are looking to be close to and what size of a home you are looking to rent. I have several homes and of course there are several that may be of interest to you. Please send me an emaill and I will be happy to provide you with a complete list of homes that may meet your requirements.
Cherimie Cra…, Agent, Beaufort, SC
Tue Apr 29, 2008
Hi There. Thank you for your service to our country. I spent two years in Japan as well. Beaufort is wonderful. You will have several options as far as rentals. I live in Beaufort and would be more than happy to help you and your family relocate. Send me an email with a few more details and I will get right to it. I look forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference:  http://www.BeaufortTIme.com
Jane Krueger, Agent, Greenville, SC
Fri Apr 25, 2008
Beaufort is Beautiful and you will love it! I am delighted to be able to offer you a Beaufort agent for your search. My company is the #1 Century 21 in the Carolinas and we have 19 offices ready to serve you. I can guarantee that we can almost "hand-pick" a great agent for you for the Beaufort area. The agent will send you a relocation package introducing the area to you as well as start sending you listings via email so that you can do some shopping ahead of time. The agent will be able to send you a "level of detail" on each listing that you cannot access from where you are. That includes sending you all of the photos of a property that are available locally. Your searchs on major real estate sites probably will only have a few of the photos. Many of our MLS groups here in SC now allow us to post up to 25 photos.

Jane B. Krueger, Realtor, CNMS, CNRS
Century 21 Bob Capes Realtors (#4 Century 21 in the USA in closed units)
333 Wade Hampton Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29601
864-350-7128
e-fax 864-751-2850
M, , Florida
Thu Apr 24, 2008
Dear Christine,
Thank you for your service. My husband retired from the Navy (Medical Service Crops). He spend 12 years of his 20 with he Marine Corps. You will love Beaufort. Have you considered buying?? The market is great and military service usually don't have problem purchasing homes. There are many opportunities in the Beaufort area. Let me know, I will also look for a good company to help with your rental search.
terry@marianschaffer.com
The Schaffer Realty Group
http://www.marianschafferrealty.com