we are going to purchase a home in Willow Trace community, which locates in Spring TX, 77379.

Asked by quboli, Canton, MI Sun Jan 6, 2013

I would love to type the exact address here, but unfortunatly it cannot be found on the map since it is newly developed. We would love to know something about this community, like safety, home resale or rental future. thank you

Answers

3
Chris, Home Owner, Houston, TX
Thu Jan 31, 2013
I live in this subdivision on Hardy Elm.

Resale has gone up quite in the 1.5 yrs we've lived here; about 20% from 2009/2010 lows. Go to HAR.com and select "willow trace" in the 'home values' area. You'll see it has improved.

The grand parkway will run south of Willow Trace; and while nobody wants a tollway near their subdivision, consider this a reason why house prices have picked up as it provides people with a new way to get to work; hence, people will move there where there'll be easy access to get to place of employment. Also, it'll be a nice parkway; with trees. There's a millionaire living next to the subdivision anyway (large mansion); I'd say the value will stay where it is.

New home prices have also risen in the 1.5 years we've been here. Our builder, while not Anglia, built what is essentially 95% the same home as Anglia's Aintree model. When we moved in, the base Aintree was selling for 139,990 on Anglia's site (october, 2012). Now, the base model is for 149,990. I expect it to get to 152 or 153 next year if they still haven't filled all the lots.

In the last year, they probably added 30 new homes (if not more) in the Willow Trace subdivision; value will have gone up.

About 5 miles West they'll be building a new 'business park' in tomball to attract large employers. This, again, is to make use of the Grand Parkway as it'll allow people to get there from various places. About 5 miles east there'll be a huge Exxon Mobile facility and subdivision... This is a good thing for home value as the assessors base it off of proximity to major employers.

In a study I found on the internet last week, areas where they had built the Grand Parkway, the land property has increased from ~$1000 per unit of measure, to $15,000 per same unit of measure (maybe per average lot size). While not a large increase, if prices go up $10,000 per lot, you'll have at least broken even with the sales and buying agent commission in the future when you want to sell. I'd send you the link but it's not on the computer I'm typing from.

Rental values;
There are two homes roughly 2500 sq ft being listed for rent at 1700 and 1800 respectively. The mortgate to rent ratio is ridiculous; on a 30 year mortgage, plus taxes, and sale price of those homes being in the 140s/150s, you're looking at maybe ~1150 a month total. So, do the math, if you rent for 1700, you're making over $500 a month on the home as a rental.

Safety;
No issues. The playground, though lackluster, is away from the main road (Boudreaux). I see some subdivisions where the playground is right there as you turn in... what an easy way to snatch a kid. Willow Trace's playground is more difficult to get to.

Besides that, no break-ins and there are 3 cops (2 for sure) living in the Subdivision itself.
quboli, Home Buyer, Canton, MI
Sun Jan 6, 2013
BTW, it is a new home, 2500 sqf with 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathroom. and it is also two story home with beautiful high ceiling.
Veso Kossev, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Jan 6, 2013
It's not a bad area. It has been a little slow to develop, lots of builders have had a hard time selling there. Make sure you are aware of the grand parkway being built nearby off FM2920. Should be about as safe as any other area in Spring, I lived off 2920 and Ella for a few year with no issues.
Veso