Home Buying in 01201>Question Details

Michael Maho…, Home Buyer in 01201

we are buying a house with a closing 11/20/09 We have owned houses for many years but left in them in 2007 via divorce can we get $6500 tax credit.

Asked by Michael Mahoney, 01201 Sun Nov 15, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Rachelle Knight’s answer
The credit is available to either someone who hasn't owned a home within the last 3 years, considered a first time buyer (which appears to exclude you) or someone who owned a home for 5 consecutive years during the last 8. So, if you owned the same home from 2001 or 2002 to 2007 you should be eligible, as long as you owned it for a full, consecutive five years. You should call your agent and ask them- they know your situation and should be able to provide specific answers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 15, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer