want a home in venice not in a golf community, within biking/walking distance to town. what areas do you suggest?

Asked by Judith Phillips, Fort Lauderdale, FL Sun Feb 24, 2013

Answers

6
Rick Taylor’s answer
Rick Taylor, , Venice, FL
Tue Apr 23, 2013
I glad you ask that qustions. Sounds to me Venice Island is aa good place to start and live. Its close to down town, the beaches and the jetties. You don't have to leave the Island. It accomodates everything. Email me, I'll be happ to help you.
Charryl Youm…, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Feb 24, 2013
Good morning, Judiith.

This is an excellent question - one that will help many people considering the Venice area - so thanks for asking it.

I live and work in Venice, love it's clean beaches and small town charm, and very familiar with the area.

When you say, walking distance to "town," do you mean the Historic District on Venice Island? In that case, you would need to live on Venice Island to walk, or quickly bike, to its quaint boutiques and sidewalk cafes.

If you mean, walking distance to nearby shopping and restaurants, there are opportunities for you all along Venice Avenue, Jacaranda Blvd, Shamrock and US41.

It would be depend on your budget, if you want deed restricted or non deed restricted, gated, new or older, public utilities or well and septic.

If you email me your wishlist, I can send you some listings to consider.

Thanks!

Charryl Youman, Realtor
Prudential Florida Realty, Venice
could you send me your email? Judie
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
Jean Stevens…, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Mar 3, 2013
The "Island" would be your best bet if you want to walk or bike to the downtown. I could send you some things to look at depending on whther you want a single family, or a condo...and price range.
Just let me know.
Jean Stevenson
"Your Venice Connection"
Coldwell Banker Residential RE
Venice
941-416-5286
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Judith, my mom lives in Venice, and my suggestion to you would be to buy on the island. It's a fun place, and "downtown" is getting more fun restaurants and shops every year.
Rychelle Mag…, Home Owner, Venice, FL
Sun Feb 24, 2013
608 Riviera Street, Venice Island, FL for sale... this is my house and is for sale $497,000
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Sun Feb 24, 2013
There are several non-golf communities in Venice. Not many are within walking distance to downtown Venice. I would be happy to send you some listings if could send me your search criteria. Or feel free to search on my web site. What are you looking for? Single family home, condo, villa, #bedrooms, # baths, price range, other amenities, HOA fees? It does make a difference.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/