trying to edit my propert listing's details. It says only 2 parking spaces but it has 3 and I alos wanted to add the lot size. Can anyone assist?

Asked by Carina Norlund, CA, Mon Aug 5, 2013

Answers

4
Larry Clarke, Agent, Aurora, CO
Tue Aug 6, 2013
parking is usually governed by use agreement or deed assignment. With deed assignment the spaces run with the property and are part of the legal description. Parking use agreement are not reflected in the legal description.
Use agreements usually originate with an HOA. In either case, if your property data is incorrect then you must make an appeal for change thru your county assessor.
Darrick Gill…, Agent, Englewood, CO
Fri Sep 27, 2013
All lsitings are pushed to Trulia from either a Broker site or MLS. The best thing to do is to call customer service in this regard their phone number is 1.888.466.3501 for the FREE accts.

Thanks!
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Key question: Is your property listed FOR SALE? Or are you just looking at the public record info?? If the home is listed for sale, your REALTOR needs to make sure the data entered into the MLS is accurate. Trulia pulls it's For Sale listings from various MLSs, so the data is only as good as what the agent entered.

But I hear about many people looking up their property here to see the home's value, and they find mistakes in the data. This is a public records issue. And you could be opening up a can of worms. Sometime people make improvements to their property and it's not permitted. i.e. did you add a parking space? or was it always 3 car parking? If the info is just inaccurate, then by all means, contact your county assessor and ask them to make the corrections. They might have to send someone out there to inspect & measure the property. But guess what....this may INCREASE YOUR TAXES TOO!!!

So, this goes back to my original question. If the house is for sale, then yes, it should have accurate info. But if you're just being knit picky...then I would try and decide if it's worth it.
Tanya Ess-Yo…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Select listings, place cursor over "edit listings" in yellow, a drop down box should become available, select edit listings and on the right hand side of the next screen you should see 6 tabs in columns, select the second one "price and details" and change away. Hope this helps and make it a great day.