trying to contact the listing agent, but no one will get back to me! What do I do???

Asked by Trazymail, Brooklyn, NY Wed Jun 24, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Diallo J. St…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Sun Jul 5, 2009
Hi Tracy,

Okay, if your agent can't get in contact with the listing agent, here's what he/she should do:

1. Call the other office and ask to speak with the manager or broker of record (boss). It's the broker's (office owner's) responsibility to supervise his/her agents and manage their listings.

2. If that fails, have his/her (your agent's) broker make the call.

3 If that fails, have his/her (your agent's) broker call the MLS Zone Chairperson. The zone chair will reach out to the listing broker and if they don't respond, can sanction them. This person also has the authority to authorize the your agent's office to contact the seller directly.

Now, different MLS's (Multiple Listing Services) have different policies, but will usually have a similar escalation path. Judging by the information in your subsequent post, this listing is in the LIBOR MLS (the big MLS), and the steps I gave you above are for that MLS (I'm a participant in that MLS and use to be an chapter officer and director).

Lastly, it's quite possible there's an issue with that listing. Of course, I'm sure you'd be fine with that if someone would just respond. If the property's not all that great, sometimes you're better off just moving on - especially in a buyer's market.

Hope that helps!

Diallo J. Stevens, REALTOR®, CRS, GRI, SRES, RECS, e-PRO

YouTube Channel:

Toll Free & Fax: 877.892.6347
NY Office: 718.446.1300 ext. 309
Web Reference:
0 votes
Mat Allred, , Salt Lake City, UT
Wed Jun 24, 2009
If the listing agent isn't returning your calls, find out who the Broker is in his/her office and take your issue directly to them.
2 votes
Maureen Schl…, Agent, Medford, MA
Wed Jun 24, 2009
I would call the owner of the real estate office where the listing agent works.
2 votes
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Wed Jun 24, 2009
If you're a buyer (as you've identified yourself), then DON'T DO THAT! You need your own agent. Find a good agent to represent you (I notice some of the other answers here have some suggestions along those lines), and take it from there. The listing agent represents the seller; you need an agent representing you.

Technically, the same agent is allowed to represent both via dual agency with full disclosure. That's perfectly proper and legal. Still, for a variety of reasons (not the least of which is that the listing agent appears nonresponsive), get your own.

Hope that helps.
1 vote
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Wed May 29, 2013
You may find a real estate agent who can cotact with listing agent
0 votes
Adam Krzesni…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Tue Jul 3, 2012

Hope You are doing well,

In case if you can't get in touch with the listing agent, contact the office and ask to speak with the manager.
Majority of times that will be your best solution.

Thank You
Adam Krzesniak
0 votes
Trazymail, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Jul 6, 2009
Thank you Diallo!- You've actually given me some hope and few other places to call. You are absolutely right- if there is a problem with the listing, I would assume it would just be the easiest (and most professional) thing to do to just tell me so I can move on.
thanks again
0 votes
Michael Brud…, Agent, Delray Beach, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
your best bet is to try another agent in your area, if the listing agent is to busy to call you back I'm sure you can find someone else who will. Find your self a buyer's agent to deal with the listing agents for you.
0 votes
Trazymail, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Thank you all for great advice! Actually I have an agent representing me, and he's been trying for two weeks with emails and phone calls, but the listing agent for some odd reason is just refusing to contact either of us back. (And I personally called the office myself) I'm just wondering if there is another route I can take to get in to see the house! it's just crazy to me..!

For everyone's info (and out of pure frustration)- the real estate agency is
Unlimited Homes Realty Corp
1596 Dutch Broadway
Elmont, NY 11003

it's MLS# 2170684, located in Bed-Stuy Brooklyn.
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jun 24, 2009
You can use any Realtor of choice, if the seller has representation so should you. If you need assistance feel free to call or e-mail.

0 votes
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Tracy, you have choices. I would be happy to recommend a good Realtor in your area who can assist you or, if you wish to give me the location of the home, I will see to it that the listing agent either responds to you or to me (whichever you prefer). I am glad to assist and am local. 631-425-6150
Web Reference:
0 votes
Anarumo Group, Agent, Davenport, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Hello Tracy

My name is Jeri Anarumo with ERA Select International. You can work with any Realtor you choose to. The sellers agent pays the buyers agent at closing. The fee is already pre-determined. I sell real estate in the Central Florida area. If you need help call me at 863-420-4377 direct or on my cell at 863-55-2305. We can help you with any property that is listed by other agents.

Kind Regards
ERA Select International
0 votes
Voices Member, , Jacksonville, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Call Michael Blake at 718-793-5800. He is a REALTOR with ERA Top Choice. Tell him Clara Watkins in Jacksonville told you to call. He just handled a property in Queens for a family member and did a wonderful job.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more