there is banked own house that I'd like to buy but we don't have enough down payment. The house would be at

Asked by wamu, Bonita, CA Tue Jun 10, 2008

the top of our price range but it dies needs some plumbing repairs. Do I need to contact the agent listed on the house or the one that actually showed me the house ?
thanks

Answers

4
Misty, , San Diego, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2008
Hi Marcela:
I work with National City Mortgage, we have some great options for people looking to buy a fixer upper. We have Loans that will help you fix up the home to take advantage of buying a home that needs a little TLC. Please contact me so I can give you the details. misty.oneal@ncmc.com. Thank you and I look forwrd to hearing from you.
A, , San Diego County, CA
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Remember that Bank Owned properties are sold as is. Until you have a home inspection you really do not know exactly all work involved. Now it may look like plumbing, but the inspector will likely find other issues as well. My suggestion is to not get in over your head. Make sure you have enough funds for a few months of extra mortgage payments as well as money to fix up the house.
If this property has been on the market for over 30 days and there are no other offers on the property then you may be in a good situation to get a good deal on the home wherein you won't be "at the top of your range."

My suggestion is if you desire to see the property again and want to write up an offer, to call the agent that showed you the home. Whether you build a relationship with the agent who showed you the home, or with another, it is important that you work with an with an agent who can guide you through the purchasing of bank owned homes, so that they can inform you of all it entails from the bank addendums to the inspections.
Again, do not over stretch yourself, if you can't get this house, another one will come along. In addition, some bank owned homes require you to be pre approved through their lender, prior to making an offer. You do not have to use their lender, but they want to make sure you are a viable candidate.
Good Luck to you and if I can assist you in anyway feel free to contact me: 619-384-6997
Alison Bell
Web Reference:  http://www.abellre.com
Agustin Del…, , Chula Vista/San Diego
Sat Aug 2, 2008
Marcela! You don't have to buy directly from the listing agent or the bank, any agent could help you,(note) it is very important to work with an experience agent and good reputation, please call me if you have any questions.
A. Del Toro/Broker 619 248 3735
Sj209, Both Buyer And Seller, California
Thu Jul 31, 2008
'Top of our price range' worries me. Perhaps you are looking at the wrong house? A less expensive house might be a better fit.