the listing price for those ridiculous looking houses in queens are outrageous, really what can i afford with

Asked by Marie, 11412 Thu Jul 23, 2009

$250,000?

Answers

3
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Fri Sep 10, 2010
Hi Marie. It seems like you are ready to jump into the buyer's pool but sticker shock is giving you reasons to pause.

It sounds like you had some interest in "those ridiculous looking houses in queens..." until you found out what they're valued at. Of course you give us very little information with which to give an adequate response to your question. I'll give it a shot.

Your question seems to imply that you want to spend only $250K. That certainly won't get you a house. A small one bedroom Coop perhaps but not a house. Well, maybe in Texas.

If you want to use the money for a large downpayment and closing costs, you stand a better chance of getting a house you can eventually call a home. This means you still need to have income and a solid credit rating.

I would suggest you go to your Bank for a loan pre-approval. The Bank will look at your income, assets and credit and will qualify you for a lona that you can afford. After that, you can find that dream house and live happily, well...you get the idea. Good Luck.
Robin Silver…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Garden City, NY
Thu Jul 23, 2009
I am not quite sure what you are talking about, but I would be happy to advise you about what you can afford. Do you want to know if you can afford $250,000 for a purchase price, or do you earn $250,000? Please call me and I would be happy to help.

Robin Silverberg
Senior Loan Officer
Preferred Empire Mortgage
516-972-1687
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Jul 23, 2009
GOSH move to Dallas Texas can locate you many homes offered for this amount. Have you thought about working with Realtor who can place you on special automatic email alert for any home $250K sent to you immediately upon posting in MLS, or perhaps an area further out?

OR move to Dallas we would welcome you

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com