the demographics in granada hills look lovely, so why are the house prices so low?

Asked by Thinking-about-it, California Thu Jun 30, 2011

Answers

9
Homesand.net, Home Owner, California
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Probably Granada hills has the landfill and close to the Vannuy's AirPort, Granada hills has its border with Northridge on the west, where the home prices are higher than San Fernando Valley home prices on average, however it is also close to Vannuy and Mission Hills on the east, where the home prices are not expensive (very cheap).
, ,
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Good point Homesand.net - I didn't realize it was right in the flight path of Van Nuys Airport.
, ,
Thu Jun 30, 2011
I'm not sure - I love Granada Hills. You have two areas though, north & south of Rinaldi St, north of it you get much higher prices than south of it, and the demographics are different.
, ,
Fri Jul 1, 2011
You are welcome. Before you buy, you may want to spend an afternoon in a park in the direction of the flight path, perhaps try to take a nap in the shade, to see if the noise bothers you.
Thinking-abo…, Home Buyer, California
Fri Jul 1, 2011
Thank you to everyone for your imput, i didnt concider the van nuys airport. this question was mostly out of curiosity. in spite of the airport it is still seeming like a lovely place to live. i am highly concidering it. :) thanks xoxo
Thinking-abo…, Home Buyer, California
Fri Jul 1, 2011
@ Gregorio - Lovely demograpics= highly rated school systems, low crime rate, higher middel to high income level, mostly older people, parks, etc. and you are a morgage broker and dont know what demographics are? hmmmm
Homesand.net, Home Owner, California
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Vannuy's AirPort -> Van nuys AirPort
Gregorio Den…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Jun 30, 2011
What exactly does that statement mean?
What do lovely demographics look like and why should an area with them be priced higher?
Mitch Larriv…, , Orlando, FL
Thu Jun 30, 2011
I don't personally know the area, but demographics don't have everything to do with home prices. If the location looks right for you and the prices are low, why not go for it?
Web Reference:  http://www.MitchLarrivee.com