Trulia, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

the building has about 60 units, the hoa has not insured the building for earthquak , is there any way that I can insure my condo individually, by

Asked by Trulia, Los Angeles, CA Fri Apr 30, 2010

the building has about 60 units, the hoa has not insured the building for earthquak , is there any way that I can insure my condo individually, by the way the condo is located Canoga Park, Los Angeles

Answers

4
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun May 2, 2010
You can typically purchase a policy to cover the replacement of your interior unit, but it usually will not cover rebuilding the structure. Consult an insurance specialist.

Richard Schulman
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Sat May 1, 2010
Hi Trulia,
I can give you an opinion, but since I'm not really in insurance I would highly recommend you contact an insurer directly.
My thoughts are that even though own your condo to the walls, the structure is owned corporately. In other words, in order to effectively insure the property, you would need a vote and for that insurance to be added to the community HOA.
Web Reference:  http://www.doreneslavitz.com
Monique & Joe…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sat May 1, 2010
Hello Trulia,

You should be able to get insurance through the California Eathquake Authority through your insurance broker coving you contents but not the structure/condo.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
Simin Fahim, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Yes My Dear,
Call your insurance agent or call me for some referral.
Simin Fahim
Associate Broker
Keller Williams-BH
310-985-9500