stacy ewa beach hawaii

Asked by lacywebb22, Honolulu, HI Sun Jun 24, 2012

i am planning on buying a home in kamakana at hoakalei. i want to know if it's possible to get the developer to throw in some upgrades without me having to pay more ontop of the $720,000.00 that i'm already paying for a standard home.

Answers

5
Delfin Medina, , Ewa Beach, HI
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Hello Stacey - I believe it is workable, but it depends on what upgrades you want to get. Haseko, developer, is giving some incentives to new home buyers, such as $15000.00 credit, No Loan Points & no non-recurring closing costs and Backyard Landscaping. Please see Duane Nishimura, one of the Realtor Broker, I deal with all the time and ask him about upgrades and incentives. His phone number: (808) 689-4438 ext. 30 or cell phone at (808) 224-4391. Tell him I rcommended you to call him.

If you have anymore questions or need information about other developments in the Leeward area please feel free to call me. I have been in business since April 1981. Thanks.

Good Luck and Aloha!!

Delfin "Del" Medina, BIC
iProperties Hawaii LLC
Cell: (808) 220-0377
email: medinad002@hawaiiantel.net
website: www,ipropertieshawaii.com
Mike Gallagh…, Agent, Honolulu,, HI
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Aloha:

My name is Mike Gallagher. I own my Brokerage and have been in Business for 12 years. I would first look at my website for the complete details of what is happening in the Hawaii Real Estate Market at http://www.hawaiirealestatestatistics.com This should help you immensly.

As for the Developer throwing the upgrades: I would not hold your breath. It is not going to happen. Another areas you might want to look at are the New Homes being built in Makakilo Hillside with drop dead gorgeous views all the way to Diamond Head with Panoramic Ocean views as well. Built by D.R. Horton these larege spacious, approx 2000 interior square feet are State of the Art with Solar, Major Upgrades in Lighting, Flooring, Cabinetry and more: Kahiwelo http://www.drhorton.com/Where-We-Build/Hawaii/Honolulu/Divis…

If you need any other advice or questions please feel free to contact me.

Mike Gallagher, Principal Broker, Owner
Ethics Complaints Review Former Member, Honolulu Board of Realtors
mikeg@hawaii.rr.com or 808-384-9015
Most reviews I read on D R Horton homes was very negative but the reviews were on mainland homes. Are the ones in HI going to hold up better?
Flag Sun Jul 20, 2014
Rosa Gomes, Agent, Kapolei, HI
Mon Jun 25, 2012
It is difficult to afford the upgrades when buying a newly built home particularly when you become enamored with the models as your home will be pretty vanilla white. You can use $15,000 credit Haseko gives you plus your deposit You will not get any window coverings nor washer & dryer so plan on purchasing those items separately as buying them from the developer can be costly.

It is unfortunate you don't have a buyer's representative to assist you through the process so just be careful at the design center as it is easy to get carried away and anything you add as an upgrade has to be paid cash up front before your house is even built.

You will enjoy living in the community and will have a wonderful new house to live in. Haseko stands behind their product so never be shy to ask Customer Care for assistance once you move into your home.

Best of Luck!!
Conrad Molina…, Agent, Ewa Beach, HI
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Aloha,

I concur with Shannon, but if you are working with a buyer's agent you should have your agent do some negotiating it couldn't hurt.

Good Luck,

Conrad Molina Jr. / Nextage Aloha Realty
Shannon Seve…, Agent, Kapolei, HI
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Depends on what you are looking at and what loan. I know for VA they sometimes do washer/dryer and widow treatments. Other than that the standard is what is included in the sale. Your deposit could be used for upgrades as well. Hope this was helpful and you will love that community so much. It is one of my favorites. Have a great day.