1st time homebuyer relocating to Greensboro,NC

Asked by Jonesparks2544, Middletown, DE Sat May 18, 2013

hello I am new to this and me and my fiancé are trying to find a realtor and a broker to help us in purchasing our first home I have a fico score of 660 and my fiancé is at a 630..

Answers

12
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Tue May 28, 2013
Good afternoon Jonesparks2544,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Allen Lowe, , Greensboro, NC
Tue Jun 18, 2013
I grew up in this area and would have no problem financing one of my homes with you also this area is located centrally with some of the nations best Universities and also we have one of the most beautiful states, with Mountains, Foothills and yes our Beautiful Coast,Thanks Allen
Carlos Sanch…, Home Buyer,
Wed Jun 12, 2013
I have lived in GSO for two years now and my family and I are very happy here. I live in the NW area, excellent public schools. My best advise is to find a realtor you can trust. I was a 1st time homebuyer myself and was fortunate to have found Carley. The homebuying process can be very stressful if you dont have the right realtor. She made it seem very simple and straightforward, even on a forclosure. I couldnt have worked with a better realtor. Good luck....

Carley Mann
carleymann@gmail.com
Greensboro, NC

Carlos S.
Kriston Gall…, Agent, greensboro, NC
Fri May 31, 2013
Greensboro is amazing! Let me know if you still need assistance. 336-988-5651 kkgallop@yahoo.com
Allen Lowe, , Greensboro, NC
Mon May 27, 2013
I am a dealer of manufactured homes that are built just like traditional stick built homes or better our building materials are never subjected to the elements and could get you financed no problem jlowe@yescommunities.com
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat May 18, 2013
Jonesparks,
Yes, finding a local Realtor that you trust is one of the first steps. I would of course encourage you to also speak with a mortgage lender to learn what you will be qualified for. Now I caution you to also sit down with your fiancé and make out your budget to determine whee you want to be payment wise. You just do not want to be "house rich and cash poor". Ramen noodle diets can get tiring. Then sit down with your fiancé and decide what are your "needs & wants". In other words what do you need in a home and what do you want? This will give you a good start to looking for a home. I do caution you that our market is low in inventory so once you are ready make sure you have your lender setup so that when you find "the one" you can move forward on it. Lately hesitation means a lost opportunity. If you do need help feel free to con tact me through my profile here on Trulia.

I hope this helps,

Larry
Web Reference:  Http://totalcarerealty.net
Emily Franco, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat May 18, 2013
Hi! I can definitely help. I am a native of Greensboro and have held my license since 1996. I was actually speaking to a lender yesterday about a client I have with almost those exact same scores! Give me a ring, we can chat about it! Emily Franco 336-937-2891.
Web Reference:  http://Www.nchomes.tv
Arnold Rogers, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat May 18, 2013
I will be glad to help you folks! Does your fiance' wish to be on the loan as well?

Arnold Rogers
Arnold Rogers, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat May 18, 2013
I will be glad to help you both. Does your fiance' want to be on the loan as well?

Please feel free to contact me.

Arnold Rogers
Josh Miller, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat May 18, 2013
You may also visit my website. There, you'll find every home available for sale whether it be an owner sale or a bank owned property.
Josh Miller, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat May 18, 2013
I can help! Give me a shout. 336.215.8019

Josh Miller
Re/Max of Greensboro
Tom Bailey, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat May 18, 2013
Contact me and I can set you up with some great lenders. I can show you many homes to choose from. Let's get started!

Tom Bailey
Prudential Yost and Little Realty
336-740-1444