1st time homebuyer

Asked by Momlovesvsue, Chicago, IL Wed Jan 8, 2014

Momlovesvsue, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL
1St time home buyer
I am looking into buying my first home and
have heard of discounts given to
police, firefighters and school teachers. I am
a police dispatcher , I guess we dont qualify
for this discount, or do we as well? Thanks
A moment ago - No answers

Answers

19
, ,
Wed Jan 8, 2014
There are great programs available for 1st Time Homebuyers across Illinois, but the programs that used to be available for Chicago Public Saftey Officers (police, firefighters, paramedics) and CPS Teachers are currently defunded by the City of Chicago. However, I can help you take advantage of the following:

SmartMoves
- Below Market 30 Year Fixed Rates
- Up to $6,000 forgivable down payment and closing cost assistance
- Minimum borrower contribution of only 1% of the purchase price
- Combined with a special Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC), whereby buyers receive 20% of the mortgage interest paid in the form of an income tax credit annually

Down Payment Plus
-$8,000 forgivable Grant for Low to Moderate Income Borrowers

Building Blocks
- Below Market 30 Year Fixed Rates
- $10,000 forgivable down payment and closing cost assistance
- Properties must be vacant homes within eligible communities

Welcome Home Heroes for Veterans & Military
- Below Market 30 Year Fixed Rates
- Combined with a special Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC), whereby Veterans receive 20% of the mortgage interest paid in the form of an income tax credit annually.

While I work with all types of buyers and properties (from starter to luxury homes), I also specialize in helping 1st Time Buyers take full advantage of THE BEST financing programs available in the marketplace. In fact, I was named the #1 Originator of these programs in Illinois by the Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA). You can read more at: http://chicagoagentmagazine.com/current-issue/vol-10-2013/wh…

Jason

Jason Accola | Senior Mortgage Consultant
NMLS#: 755894 | Wintrust Mortgage
40 W. Hubbard St, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 462-7732 Office | (312) 316-3000 Mobile | (312) 277-3322 eFax
jaccola@wintrustmortgage.com

#1 Mortgage Originator of First-Time Buyer Loans in Illinois (IHDA)
Purchase and Refinance in ALL 50 States: Click Here to Complete a Secure Online Application
View my recommendations from clients and service partners on LinkedIn, Zillow and Trulia.
http://www.jasonaccola.com
Web Reference:  http://www.jasonaccola.com
BJ Tregoning, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 11, 2014
Contact Ian Beamer.
ian@guaranteedrate.com
773-290-0319
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Fri Jul 4, 2014
Plenty of Options exist for 1st time home buyers. Speak with a lender to review.
Web Reference:  http://www.BJDLOANS.com
Janice Mayna…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Jan 11, 2014
If you have yet to find someone you want to work with please feel free to give me a call. I love working with first time home buyers and with the number of lenders my office has to offer I know we can find the perfect match for you. I also have a few builders that are offering special incentives that could also help you. Give me a call, 704-641-0626 I WILL EARN YOUR BUSINESS.

Thank you again for this opportunity to serve you, I realize you have a choice of Real Estate Brokers, so I truly appreciate your business.

Your dedicated Real Estate Broker,

Janice Maynard
Broker/REALTOR, Serving NC and SC
Keller Williams Ballantyne
704-641-0626 Cell/Text
Janicemaynard.kwrealty.com
http://www.unioncountyhomes4sale.com
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jan 10, 2014
I think we may have something for you, email me at jmichaels@remax.net to discuss
, ,
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Program that you are referencing to is known as the HUD Good Neighbor Next Door program. It is only on eligible homes that are designated by HUD as properties that can be utilized for this program. You submit a bid into basically an auction and then one individual is selected.

A police dispatcher is unfortunately not eligible for the Good Neighbor Next Door program at this time. However, there are many other down payment assistance products available to potential first time homebuyers.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at any point or speak with your current lender regarding the available options.

Chris Diamond
Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation
NMLS 771882
847-775-2181
chris.diamond@thedrmc.com
, ,
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Momlovesvsue: I'm sorry to relate that the program you speak of does not extend to Dispatchers. And it has geographic limitations too ... meaning not all areas are eligible. To discover if you qualify for other financing options, please contact me. There may be some other program that will assist you in buying. I look forward to speaking to you soon,
Gene
Web Reference:  http://www.genemundt.com
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Dear Home Buyer,

I believe what you may have heard of are possible discounts offered through the City of Chicago Employee Credit Union. Many times the credit union will waive many of the customary charge but can only waive fees that are allowed by law.

Also, some home inspectors and other vendors may also offer you a discount as well.

Remember the buyer broker you work with does not charge you for his/her time.
Stephanie Sc…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014

My office will be hosting a free first-time homebuyers class for a few a hours the first weekend in February. Email me if you'd like more information.

Stephanie Scott
Agent, Coldwell Banker
stephanie.scott@cbexchange.com
847-425-3747
Gloria Spenc…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Please call me and I will get you pre approved. there may be money for you as a first time home buyer regardless of your occupation.

thanks
773 673 7347
Roxanne Fitz…, Agent, Castle Rock, CO
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Dear Momlovesvsue:

First stop is to locate professionals that can assist you through this process in your area, including a mortgage broker and a professional real estate agent. Both can assist you in navigating through the process.

To answer your questions, yes, there are programs for first time home buyers and programs that provide discounts to police. You might be referring to the Good Neighbor Next Door Mortgages that is for Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters and Teachers. Again, locate an agent and a broker in your area to provide you with all of your options!

Best wishes!
Mike Kravitz, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Your first stop should be a Mortgage Broker.

Mike
Dick Post, Agent, ORLAND PARK, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Hi There,

Happy New Year! If you are looking to see whether or not you qualify for a discount or special program, your first stop would be talking to a lender or mortgage broker. they're the best ones to answer your question.
Howie Andron, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
I would consult a mortgage broker to find out about different programs that are available to first time home buyers.
Tivadar (Ted)…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
If you are referring to discounted fees or rates from lenders, I am not aware of any however, doesn't neccessarily mean they don't exist. I would check with your preferred lender (or shop around) to see if they are aware of such programs.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Speak with your lender and go over all the programs available to you.

Then I would get a good Realtor. Its free to use their services. Interview two or three agents, and go with the one you mesh best with.
, ,
Wed Jan 8, 2014
There are programs available that you can take advantage of as a first time homebuyer. There are down payment assistance programs and it here available options that can keep generating funds long after closing. Please feel free to reach out and we can discuss what options may work for you
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
773-290-0555
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Yes you have some incentives that can be from 2k to 10k .
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Hi Momsloveue,
There is a program for HUD owned homes. Not all areas have many of these available, so the check out the first page of the link to make sure you qualify. You can go to

https://www.hudhomestore.com/Listing/PropertySearchResult.as… Occupant&Status=0&sLanguage=ENGLISH

to see a possible list of homes. Hopefully as a dispatcher, working for law enforcement you will qualify for the program and a good home will be available.
Thanks for your work in the community, Best of luck.