should we sue maronda homes for structual issues?

Asked by Lindsey, Saint Cloud, MN Sun Aug 17, 2008

we bought a home in oct07 from maronda and have had MANY issues in the last 9 months. Including our bedroom floor having a stuctual issue so bad that our drawers would open if you walked by the floor is so slanted. they have fixed many of the construction issues but with no compensation to us. we weren't even offered a hotel during the 10 day construction job (we have 3 small kids in this house and everytime i turn around there's another defect. we have written to the ceo but aftyer 3 weeks of waiting his answer was we fixed everything what else do you want? maybe an apology would be nice or some upgrades or an ac that doesnt sound like a train, a floor that doesn't squeak due to floor boards no installed right. or the $5000 rebate they gave to all the civil servants in the neighborhood that we weren't offered. I'm a nurse isn't that a civil servant? they said it would be mortgage fraud to give it to us now. anyone out there think we have a case?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Aug 17, 2008

Your best course of action may be to consult an attorney to help you sort through your options.

Good luck,
The "Eckler Team"
0 votes
PoincianaHome, , Poinciana, FL
Sun Aug 17, 2008
Actually a nurse is not a "civil servant." That applies to people who work within governments, also known as "bureaucrats."

As for your situation, you may or may not have a case, but it would do you well to consult with a real estate attorney. Most lawyers allow for free an initial consultation. But you may also qualify for free legal aid. To find out more about that program, please check out our listing of "Freebies & Help" ...

Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more