short sales nj

Asked by Patty, North Arlington, Upper Arlington, OH Sun Oct 24, 2010

Answers

5
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Tue Oct 26, 2010
Buying a Short Sale

Buying a short sale is not like buying a property in a traditional way. A short sale may have some risk but it also can be very rewarding. When you are searching for a short sale you will want to make sure you are prepared. Here are some things you will need to consider.

First of all, you need to make sure that you have enough time. It takes anywhere from 30 days to 6 months or even more to get an answer on a short sale. It really depends on many factors. The bank may come back with a counteroffer or reject your offer completely. In some instances you may not even hear back from the bank at all.

Short sales take a long time because the bank has to review it and they are back logged with many short sales and don't have enough coverage to complete them in a timely manner. The bank typically is willing to work with the seller and buyer on short sales to help avoid foreclosure.

One of the benefits of buying a short sale is that the bank is typically willing to accept less money for the property because of the time and risk involved. So you generally are getting the home at below market value.

If you have the time to wait, a short sale is a good way to go. One thing to be sure to ask when purchasing a short sale is, "who is handling it?" Is the Realtor an experienced short sale expert? Or is the listing agent using a Short Sale company that strictly focuses on short sales? By having someone with knowledge and expertise in short sales, it will make the process go much smoother and faster.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL tammyhayesre@gmail.com
tom roberts, Agent, powell, OH
Mon Oct 25, 2010
Patty,as a lifelong resident of Upper Arlington,Im sry to hear,your choseing Hastings.over my Jones,haha but If I knew the specs and sqft you are interested in,I can help you.Look forward to ur call.

Regards;

TJ
Web Reference:  http://tjrobertsrealtor.com
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sun Oct 24, 2010
Please clarify your question so we can help you Patty. What I can tell you is that there certainly are short sales in NJ and so the opportunity to consider them among your property choices certainly exists.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sun Oct 24, 2010
Hi Patty,

I am a short sale specialist and a NJ realtor. You can contact me directly if you prefer.

Suzanne
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sun Oct 24, 2010
Good Evening Patty, unfortanately your question did not come through, please come back and add your question,

You can also check out my blog for advice and tips on short sales.