rules for 55 adult community

Asked by Bharatkumar Patel, King of Prussia, PA Tue Nov 27, 2012

Answers

5
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Thumbs up to Ron and Stephen for some very astute answers. That about sums it up.
Steve Kass, Agent, Indio, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
55 adult communities have a basic rule that one spouse must be 55 or older. Each community will have it's own CC&R and or HOA rules so those you will need to secure from the management.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
The Adult Communities are no different that any other HOA:
Each is unique; some are run by Corporations with on-site management, very businesslike.
Some are run by residents and can be little fiefdoms, dictatorial and self-serving.

Some have common grounds and an electronic gate.
Some have elaborate facilities, pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, 8' razor-topped walls with manned-security gates and more.

In any case, the CCR's can vary with the facilities.
The normal procedure is; when you make an Offer for a place, you can purchase a copy of the CCR's and read to your hearts content.
The alternative is to go visit the compound, walk around and meet some of the residents and talk to them about living there; the restrictive rules and unreasonable regulations.

Most of this information is not available to a Realtor, unless they had previously sold a unit in the park.
Michael Doyle, Agent, Indio, CA
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Most of them are straight forward and its best to check with the office at each one you are interested in for their rules and policies. They must accept a certain % of disabled residents along with caregivers of any age if needed. As long as one resident is 55 or very close to it, there should be no issue.

If you have not found a place yet and are still looking, please feel free to contact me and I will steer you in the right direction and we together can find you the right place.

Michael
Hena Martin, Agent, Hot Springs, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Rules vary with each association ,grandchildren to my knowledge are permitted to stay in vacation time ,chk the rules which association you are planning to move to .I sold in a adult community in dhs my clients live in Canada they are so happy with neighbors rules and all ,call me if you need assistance. HENA MARTIN BROKER 760-251-2868