Question removed

Asked by Teresa Macmartin, Missouri Sat Mar 7, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

6
Michelle Smi…, Agent, Blue Springs, MO
Tue Mar 17, 2009
Hi Teresa,

Yes, you can ask for about anything and they either give to you or not. You just have to ask on your initial offer. Good luck and Please let me know if you need any help at all ..

Michelle Smith
Reece and Nichols
816 215-6436
michellesmith.reeceandnichols.com
Angela Korbin, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Sat Mar 7, 2009
Yes you can ask for them to pay closing costs. Banks and REO's are for the most part are just concerned with the bottom line. So when your making an offer you should factor in that you are asking them to pay closing costs. If you are able to pay your closing costs It puts you in a stronger buying position. You might be able to get the house for less overall.
And Pat is right about the home warranty. All my clients who buy foreclosures get a home warranty, even on brand new homes. If your not already working with an agent I would love to help, call or text 816-714-6920 or email me angelasellshomes@gmail.com
Karelyn Geig…, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Sat Mar 7, 2009
In our area, you absolutely can! In fact, if you are working with an agent, the agent can check the instructions, and many REO banks are offering closing up front. To the bank, it is just a matter of "Net" profit to them. So it's relative to how much you offer and other financial terms. Need help? I work your area, so just give me a shout! If you have an agent then just ask them to help you evaluate the price of the home and what you should offer! Karelyn Geiger, The TAG Team, Keller Williams Realty 816-616-4630
Patrick Welch, , Osage Beach, MO
Sat Mar 7, 2009
You can ask...but RARELY will the bank accept those terms. What I do advise, though, is to ask for a home warranty or purchase one yourself. AS IS means AS IS, and even though you may be getting the home for a bargain, repairs you must make after you purchase will be an out of pocket expense...and that can quickly add up when you're talking about the HVAC unit(s), appliances, water heaters, etc.
Penny O'Brien, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sat Mar 7, 2009
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes go ahead and ask. You might be countered back with a big fat no, a lovely yes or maybe they will split the difference. You never know until you ask... I don't know how your market is in Mo, but here in Las Vegas on some of our REOs lisitings if you asked for closing costs or much of anything out of the normal "clean" offer the banks wouldn't even counter back because they have multiple offers on these homes and they know the price is already fantastic and many people want these properites. It all depends on how badly you need the closing costs to be paid for. Sometimes it's not worth losing a house if you really want it. It's your money you do what feels right and listen to your Realtor hopefully they have good advice for you.
Shara Collins, Agent, Leawood, KS
Sat Mar 7, 2009
Teresa, in todays financial environment you can absolutely ask for seller paid closing costs. It will always depend on the institution that owns the property but we are seeing many lenders assisting with the buyers closing costs.