Question removed

Asked by Shri, Fremont, CA Mon Feb 23, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

4
Na, , San Ramon, CA
Wed Feb 25, 2009
Hi Shri, we were able to negotiate the same price 619k minus~38k in discounts for almost the same model last summer. We walked away from our contract for a non-financial reason. I'd recommend you to do some research on the school situation if it's important to you. Dublin has only 1 high school and it's located in West Dublin. I have serious doubts that a secong HS will ever be built in East Dublin...
Firenze@Sorr…, , Dublin, CA
Tue Feb 24, 2009
Hi Shri,
Before I begin, I must first tell you that Toll Brothers is monitoring discussions on Trulia. I was thinking about buying in Trevi before ultimately buying in Firenze. I haven't looked at the pricing for the Trevi floorplans lately, but I can comment on what prospective buyers and newly moved-in home owners are telling me in other communities. I will take Firenze's best floorplan Cecina as an example. For a new Cecina at Firenze, I know that Bank of America assessed the property well under $650,000 at the end of last year, but Toll Brothers is asking for over $700,000. I have heard of reports of significantly lowered assessments from other floorplans as well. If you want to know how much another Marino sold for, I would get the addresses of those that have already closed and call the County Assessor's office. The Assessor's Office should have that information for you. I also just found out how much the sales managers at Toll are making these days, and I can tell you they have every incentive to keep the prices high, because the base pay they are getting from Toll Brothers is barely enough to cover their commute. Finally, Trevi just lost their construction manager recently, so Ray Williams is probably overseeing this project in the interim. Ray is a good guy, but he has way too many projects to cover. Trevi also has a new project manager named Dan Gabel. Why am I telling you all these details? I am sharing these details with you, because you should be aware of the fact that the quality of the building you are buying may be reflected in how much internal restructuring a project undergoes during construction. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. Managing the different subcontractors is like herding cats, and that is essentially what you are paying Toll Brothers for. Finally, I have a sneaking suspicion that the on-site parking for the Trevi project may be under-allocated. If you want to see how that will affect your quality of life, simply drive around the Cottages and the Villas at night in Dublin Ranch Villages, which is to the South of the Trevi buildings on Central Parkway, and you will see what I am talking about. Parking is so bad in the Villages that residents have started to park in front of the Trevi units. Make sure you price all these concerns into your offer. Also, consider getting a good real estate lawyer who specializes in production home purchases before signing the sales agreement. I have offered that advice to many prospective home buyers on Trulia, and I can tell you many of them, during the closing phase of their negotiation with Toll Brothers, wished they had taken that advice. It's just one of those things that people don't realize until it's too late. Good luck, and I hope to have you as a neighbor in Sorrento.
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Feb 23, 2009
Hi Shri, I can help you with this, please contact me offline for help.

Also, this may also be of interest to you (new CA $10K tax credit):
http://www.sacbee.com/business/story/1641601.html

Best, Steve

Steven A. Ornellas, MBA, GRI, ABR, e-PRO, CMPS, RE Masters
REALTOR® / Mortgage Banker-Broker / Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist
SteveO@Steven-Anthony.com
, ,
Mon Feb 23, 2009
A local agent in the area can supply that information. I recommend Carl Medford. Let me know if you would like his phone number.