Question removed

Asked by Buyers House Realty, Texas Tue Feb 17, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Are you asking the question because you are vague about the answer or did you mean to post this as a blog?

Naima
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Hi Gavin,

Naima brings up a great point. Our Community Guidelines mandate that posts be added to our site in the correct format and since this really isn't a question it thus isn't appropriate in the Q&A section of Trulia Voices. This would make a great blog post however.

If you meant to ask a question, please clarify what information you are seeking. Otherwise, please remove this post and re-post this content as a blog. Blogging on Trulia is extremely easy and it's a snap to add links, photos or even YouTube videos.

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Jackie Rankin, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Yes, it is legal. Bruce hit the nail on the head when he talked about it's use for a down payment. The buyer still has to come up with their own money for their down payment, but the Realtor can provide a Rebate and disclose it on the HUD.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Yes. If they are a principal in the transaction. It should be disclosed on the HUD in my opinion and probably agreed upon by the lendor if obtaining a loan. I would think most lenders would frown upon for example a 6% builder commission, then used to give the buyer a down payment of 3.5% and 2.5% selling commisssion to the realtor to avoid down payment requirements.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
, ,
Tue Feb 17, 2009
I believe that it only needs to be properly disclosed.
But I am mostly commenting to follow this topic.
;-)