Question removed

Asked by Lisa Quinter, Fort Lauderdale, FL Thu Feb 5, 2009

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

7
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Thu Feb 5, 2009
Please familiarize yourself with the Trulia community guidelines regarding spam.
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Thu Feb 5, 2009
According to Trulia Guidlines it's spam. Please read them.
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Thu Feb 5, 2009
According to the guidelines,no posts with the explicit purpose of marketing or sales,including listings are premitted. This is what we call spam on Trulia. You can place a post like yours in the blog section but not here. This section is only for asking & answering specific questions.You are allowed to answer a question and add your contact info but that's it. You cannot use this section to solicit business for yourself. Your post is not "relevant and on-topic "because there is no topic addressed. If you want to solicit business,use the blog section.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Feb 5, 2009
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Trulia.

I'm afraid that this post is not appropriate to this section of Trulia Voices. Even if you do not intend to advertise your services with this post, it is not a question, and, per our guidelines, posts must be in the correct format. Please note however that you are free to introduce yourself to our community in this manner in the Blogs section of Trulia Voices.

This post will be removed, but the text will remain in our system and I can email you a copy if you would like to re-post it as a blog. Just access http://www.trulia.com/blog/post/ to start blogging.

Please contact me if you have any questions about this, or need any other assistance.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Lisa Quinter, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Feb 5, 2009
Not soliciting business. If you read carefully I am offering to answer questions which is what this forum is all about, and providing my qualifications and experience to do so.
Thu Feb 5, 2009
I direct you to re-read them. My post is completely relevant and on topic. Therefore, it is NOT considered spam.

However, the definition of spam, terms of service, ec. is completely OFF topic and NOT relevant. If you see me posting daily, weekly, monthly advertisements vs. my first company introduction to the Trulia Community in the future, please feel free to police me then.

I'm sorry your business is suffering so that you must inflict your negative energy onto "policing" my company introduction to this community.

I hope you are able to make it a better day!!

Lisa M. Brodeur
Alliance Realty
(954) 868-1416
Thu Feb 5, 2009
Dear Dana:

I am new to the Trulia community and decided to make a post introducing myself. To not do so is like walking into a business meeting and saying nothing - just showing up and offering advice.

As far as spam. According to Mirriam-Webster:

"Spam is unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses."

Introducing myself via 1 message to the Trulia community is not a form of unsolicited email, nor bulk.

Thank you for the warm welcome,
Lisa M. Brodeur
Alliance Realty
(954) 868-1416