Question removed

Asked by Jennifer Kretschmer, AIA, 95124 Thu Aug 30, 2007

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Arthur G. Wh…, Agent, Alameda, CA
Thu Aug 30, 2007
I suggest that you make an appointment to see the highest official in city government who will see you. Start at the top, they can only refuse. A letter goes in a file and silts there. People are more likely to deal with you face to face once you get in to see them.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Aug 31, 2007
One idea is to get your senator or rep working for you or the one is represents the district where the lot is. If it is not going to be used and could be sold it should create some revenue for the state. Your reps should be interested in that aspect.
Another idea would be to go to the city government where the lot is located even if owned by the state. They might be interested in getting it developed to increase local tax revenue and can help you get in touch with the appropriate person.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Fri Aug 31, 2007
Just a quick shot at this, have you spoken to anyone in the planning department/commission of your city?

Bureaucracy's sometimes don't know what the left hand is doing while the right hand is playing checkers...
Deborah Engel…, , San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 31, 2007
I agree that you should speak directly with someone within the State. Sometimes the government already has plans for it. Sometimes governments also sell their properties to free up their assets and get income for the entity. I suggest contacting Californias Real Estate Services Division (I included the link below). The name and phone number of the Deputy Director is on that page. You'll probably reach someone who works under the Deputy Director, but I think it's a place to start. Maybe they can tell you who is handling state property in your area.
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Thu Aug 30, 2007
Try contacting any or all of the city council members. If you get no response, show up at a city council meeting and ask the question. It will become part of the public record and someone will look into it.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com