Question removed

Asked by Denrama, Rochester, NY Sat Jan 3, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

11
Debbie Flann…, Agent, Rock Falls, IL
Sat Jan 3, 2009
Our obligation is 3 fold........we have a legal obligation to creatively market our listings. We are allowed to puff it up a little, but not lie. A good broker loves the house like his own. Our obligation to the buyer is to treat them like a brother..........truthfuly tell the facts with out emotions to sway their opinion. We are obligated to point out obvious defects, encourage them to hire inspectors and seek family/friends imput. Lastly, a broker that will last through the tough times will we a source of honest and reliable information and not focus on the bottom line....his commission. He has to build an integrity in his office and his community. Not all brokers will live up to these values.....and it also the the buyers/seller's responsibility to search the market for a broker that will a broker to fit your needs. Being a good home buyer means you too have a lot of homework to do.........keep looking.........you will find a broker of solid character..........Debbie
Web Reference:  http://debbieflannery.com
J R, , New York, NY
Thu Jan 8, 2009
Richard you really need to hone your funny bone.
Pascual Paul…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Mon Jan 5, 2009
Was going to answer, but to busy counting. Silly buyers, that is.
Web Reference:  http://Paulmvpteam.com
J R, , New York, NY
Sat Jan 3, 2009
I was going to answer you, but I'm too busy counting my money while watching my 52 inch plasma TV in my mink.
Grace Bartsch, , 10530
Sat Jan 3, 2009
Question 1) First, you do not mention what area you are trying to buy in... Question 2) Most real estate brokers are working their butts off to sell properties 3) Maybe the person you are working with is not a good choice.........

This is a tough market... you need to stay calm -- as a buyer there are many options out there......

If you are looking in the Westchester area I can help -- I only do listings for the immediate area and have a select group of customers.

Grace Bartsch
Houlihan Hawrence
914-325-9159
J R, , New York, NY
Sat Jan 10, 2009
Yes, because if some buyer bite the bullet and agrees to pay a price for a house, not knowing that it was overpriced, then the broker makes a lot of money by not being realistic. Does it ring any bell, Debbie?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buyers are more likely to overpay for FSBOs.
Denrama, Home Buyer, Rochester, NY
Fri Jan 9, 2009
J R, , New York, NY
Fri Jan 9, 2009
This seems to be an easy place to make a lot of money, Denrama? Can you explain what you are saying, I don't understand.
Denrama, Home Buyer, Rochester, NY
Thu Jan 8, 2009
Yeah! This seems to be easy place to make lot of money! ;)
J R, , New York, NY
Thu Jan 8, 2009
I thought this was a place where consumers respectfully asked real estate professionals for their help. I guess I was wrong about that. My bad.
Janine Bowen, , Ulster, Greene, Dutchess and Orange Counties
Mon Jan 5, 2009
Guess this means that all the time I spend getting my SHS (Stupid House Specialist) designation was wasted. Sigh.