Question removed

Asked by Derek, Santa Cruz, CA Wed Oct 29, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

1
Terry Ballan…, , 95003
Wed Oct 29, 2008
Hi Jared! Nice to hear from you! Let me sort this out a little.. first
1. the extra half bath is big. People love the idea of private bathrooms that guests don't invade
2. Dues: huge, in comparing a small home purchase vs. condo, high HOA's equal a lot of house value.
Let's say you bought at $550.00 (we'll talk more about that in a minute!) @ 6% ~30 year fixed rate loan, your
payment would approximately $2638. 00 PLUS your HOA. With $17,000 more down (assuming a
20% down payment) you could buy a house for $635,000 for that same monthly outlay. Something
to consider.
3.Yes, the dues will affect resale.. and the dues will escalate with the cost of water, trash etc.
4. There was a period when condos outpaced homes for appreciation, and may again as demographics change and folks have fewer or no children, we go green and BIG becomes bad, etc. But historically
houses sell better. I'm not however convinced that will always be true. Depends on when you sell and why.
Both complexes have merit, but think about traffic on 41st and the location of the specific unit you buy.
If you need help with the negotiating, I'll be glad to help you! Don't pay sticker for the Pacific unit.. Those
are 2007 prices!
Terry Ballantyne
Indigo Beach Properties
831 588 8485